• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Be aware of scammers.

They target you when you post "PM sent" to adds be it selling or buying.
They always use the line of "so and so" "doesn't frequent the site much, so use his personal email".
Then they shoot you contact info.
Last time they tried to get me, I was already communicating with the seller, I could not resist the fun of playing with them for a few emails.
:cool:

The fake account would have ZERO feedback and that would be one flag to stop.

Also if not enabled MFA for your account please do so to protect your accounts!

Always beware using friends and family unless its really a friend or family. Easier just to offer to pay the 3% and send the NET amount that way you have recourse and not violating the terms.
Pardon my ignorance. What is MFA?

above_all above_all

oh sorry Multi factor authentication. One form (less secure) of this is the SMS texts you get to maybe login to another website. This provides one factor (password, something you know) and another factor (something you have, a cell phone receiving the text).

The ODT website allows you to setup a MFA log in password + code this prevents somebody from hacking your account (does not help with account cloning)

You can use apps such as authy, google attenuator, bitwarden, apple devices etc.

The main takeway is to have MFA setup on anything you can in this day and age.

1693597210927.png

above_all above_all

oh sorry Multi factor authentication. One form (less secure) of this is the SMS texts you get to maybe login to another website. This provides one factor (password, something you know) and another factor (something you have, a cell phone receiving the text).

The ODT website allows you to setup a MFA log in password + code this prevents somebody from hacking your account (does not help with account cloning)

You can use apps such as authy, google attenuator, bitwarden, apple devices etc.

View attachment 6166784
Thanks

above_all above_all

View attachment 6166784
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom