• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

best food in Savannah

Cotton Exchange has a great Rueben. Chart House is very nice. Loves is a drive but very good seafood. Can’t go to Tybee without a stop at the Crab Shack. I’m hearing good things about a new spot on Tybee called Pier 16 but I haven’t been there.......yet. My Tybee favorite is AJ’s when they have the ruby reds.

This is my favorite spot in Savannah. The food is excellent (the crab stew and chiliburger with fries is wow!), the service is top-notch, and the restaurant itself is an amazing piece of history. It's a reasonably priced place, to boot.

As others have said, the Crab Shack on Tybee is GREAT food and a fun place to go.

The Cotton Exchange on river street has excellent she-crab soup and a fantastic wrap that's grilled and made with creamcheese in it, I think it's called the Cumberland Club, man, it's good. The potato salad in that joint is the best I've had.

Spanky's, also on River street or at several other locations, has the best damn chicken fingers and "spuds" (fried taters) anywhere. Really good stuff and reasonably priced drinks.

The Olympic Cafe, if it's still on River Street, is really good Greek food. If it's a pair of you, order the "Platter." It'll be a Greek feast and is so dang good.

I'm not a huge fan of Pink House or Elizabeths on 37; fancypants and very pricey.

I think the Pirate's House is solidly Okay. Not my fave but not the worst.

I'd like to observe a moment of silence for our dear departed Kevin Barry's. Some ridiculously good food and generous pours, laid to rest and now gone forevermore.

Crab shack in Tybee. Little Duck Diner for breakfast/brunch. Alligator Soul for creole. Cotton & Rye. The Old Pink House
This man knows. :hungry::hungry:

Stay away from River Street if you want good food. No locals eat at Paula's. Pirates house was good a generation ago.

On Tybee .... AJ's, Stingrays, BS, Breakfast Club, Sundae Cafe, and my personal favorite that you wont see in the tour guide......Huckapoos!

This man knows. :hungry::hungry:

Stay away from River Street if you want good food. No locals eat at Paula's. Pirates house was good a generation ago.

On Tybee AJ's, Stingrays, BS, Breakfast Club, Sundae Cafe, and my personal favorite that you wont see in the tour guide......Huckapoos!
Never been to Huckapoos. I'll need to check that out!

Back
Top Bottom