• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Military movie of all time.

First post to hit Apocalypse Now.
Yep, agreed, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned numerous times. I meant to post that one while rambling earlier, then spaced it, but, "Apocalypse Now" is probably in my personal Top 5 of All Time.
Come to think of it, I'm also surprised the Humphrey Bogart/Katharine Hepburn classic, "The African Queen" hasn't been given a nod, as well as a big favorite of mine from way back, "Murphy's War", w/ Peter O'Toole.
Both of these were great WWII movies, that didn't follow the usual war-movie formulas.
And speaking of Bogart, and non-formulaic war movies, we can't omit the all-time classic, "Casablanca" !!!

HA! How did I forget "PT109" !!! That's another one of my big childhood favorites (that again, weren't actually great movies, by any stretch, but I loved it, and still can't help watching when it pops up :becky: ).

Yep, agreed, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned numerous times. I meant to post that one while rambling earlier, then spaced it, but, "Apocalypse Now" is probably in my personal Top 5 of All Time.
Come to think of it, I'm also surprised the Humphrey Bogart/Katharine Hepburn classic, "The African Queen" hasn't been given a nod, as well as a big favorite of mine from way back, "Murphy's War", w/ Peter O'Toole.
Both of these were great WWII movies, that didn't follow the usual war-movie formulas.
And speaking of Bogart, and non-formulaic war movies, we can't omit the all-time classic, "Casablanca" !!!
Lost count of the times I’ve watched Casablanca, never gets old.

Back
Top Bottom