• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big Green Egg or Weber Genesis

I don't know anything about the KJ but my BGE has been going strong for almost 10 yrs. only part I've replaced is the steel plate at the bottom that holds the coals.

Lil acorn lowes less than 300 1/3 of egg price,will let you know before making giant leap.

we are sponsoring a BGE event in Birmingham on June 11th. There will be eggs available after the competition is over. Below is what they sent us about purchases on the "used" eggs. They are all new, and just cooked on that day and then sold off.
Bit of a drive, but it's a good deal

Big Green Eggs in the Ham

This will be on Saturday, June 11th at Regions Field.

We have about 18 EGGs left. It is $850 for a Large EGG, Nest, and Plate Setter. This price also includes tax.

Make sure the customer knows that the EGGs will come assembled and have to be picked up that afternoon around 5 pm.

I've seen that a lot...plate setter? What is this?
It's this piece that allows for indirect cooking. It can be places rights side up or upside down depending on what you're trying to do. I would highly recommend http://www.nakedwhiz.com to anyone learning to cook on a komado style cooker. Don't worry it's just a cooking site

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 13
My Webber Genesis is tied into the gas line in my house. Epic. Love it. Eggs are amazing. Easier to cook in the gas grill. We use it more often.

Don't bother buying the komado joe. I have two and have one green egg. In the 4 years I've had the kamados they both crack interior peices at least once a year. I've never broken anything on my green egg and I've had it for 8 years.

That's a shame you've had two Kamado Joe's break interior pieces (fire box or fire ring). The great thing about Kamado Joe is you make one phone call or one email and a replacement part is on its way. No questions asked, no cost to you.

This past Saturday is the start of the 4th year I've owned mine and I cook on it on average two nights a week since I brought it home. Of course there's been some weeks where it's every night and some weeks where I don't cook on it. Knock on wood I'm still using the original parts free from defects or breaks.

Again, both cook the same just one comes with more features and cost a little less. If you want to go all out check out Komodo Kamado.

Back
Top Bottom