• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Big Green Egg or Weber Genesis

The Ace in Gray is selling their large demo eggs for $775 + tax. I'm on the fence about it. I can get a new one in Conyers with a cypress table for $1000.00. I'll probably waffle on this until one of them is sold out and then choose the other one. Maybe. I can't decide.

You can buy the large Egg for less than $700 at Georgia Spa Company in Buford. This place in Auburn also sells a great table:

http://www.cypressgrilltables.com/Our_Products.html

You have to go pick the table up in Auburn, but they're high quality. You can get a better setup than the cheap pine table Ace sells for $1000. Someone else mentioned KJ. I looked into them, and the price wasn't different enough to not go BGE.

I have a table for a large green egg that is made from pressure treated lumber, assembled with Spax zinc plated screws, painted and about to be stained. It has wheels as well. I'm setting mine into its new stand that I built out of brick and granite. The table I built is no longer needed. I'll let it go for a good price.

That's a shame you've had two Kamado Joe's break interior pieces (fire box or fire ring). The great thing about Kamado Joe is you make one phone call or one email and a replacement part is on its way. No questions asked, no cost to you.

This past Saturday is the start of the 4th year I've owned mine and I cook on it on average two nights a week since I brought it home. Of course there's been some weeks where it's every night and some weeks where I don't cook on it. Knock on wood I'm still using the original parts free from defects or breaks.

Again, both cook the same just one comes with more features and cost a little less. If you want to go all out check out Komodo Kamado.
I can't recommend the kamado joe because of my experience and that of my parents, brother in law and two friends who have them. They have all broken thier fire box and fire ring multiple times. Sure they are under warranty but I would rather stick with my bge that does t break in the first place. Plus if you shop around they are not actually more expensive. We all bought kamado how because we had a family friend who worked their who sold them to us at cost.

Back
Top Bottom