• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Century Arms SBR Kit? WTF?

Is sodomy involved??? Then yes, it's illegal...

Say what?

tat.jpg

No. You can put the buffer tube of an AR pistol against your shoulder and fire it.
I've always wondered, what if the stock wasn't attached to the rifle? Follow me for a moment: You see the vests or shirts that have the extra heavy padding to protect from the recoil of a 10 gauge or what not when people are duck hunting. What if you had something like that, but it projected out a little farther, and allowed you to set the buffer tube against it without bringing the weapon in so close. (may arms are too long to set just the tube against my shoulder.)

I've always wondered, what if the stock wasn't attached to the rifle? Follow me for a moment: You see the vests or shirts that have the extra heavy padding to protect from the recoil of a 10 gauge or what not when people are duck hunting. What if you had something like that, but it projected out a little farther, and allowed you to set the buffer tube against it without bringing the weapon in so close. (may arms are too long to set just the tube against my shoulder.)

If you are using an item designed to shoot from the shoulder, in theory it is illegal. so if they determine your shirt is for the purpose of shoulder firing a weapon then yes. There was once a letter about using a 2x4 behind a gun and infront of the shoulder which was not attached and it was determined to be a stock.

That said if the ATF decides that an item is not designed to fire from the shoulder(like this brace or a pistol buffer tube) then you can certainly shoulder it. Yes this makes little sense, yes the ATF sucks.

Attachments

• IMG_4639.jpg
    IMG_4639.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom