• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Convoy to DC. Truckers to shutdown America Oct 11-13. Protest

legalizefreedom1776

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
17   0
Reaction score
Anyone ever here of this?
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-down-washington-d-c-for-three-days-straight/
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-ne...kers-to-shut-down-america-in-october_09172013

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/09/convoy-to-dc-truckers-to-shut-down.html?m=1

For those that use FaceBook here is the link for the page

https://m.facebook.com/truckerstosh...truckers-to-shut-down-america-in-october&_rdr

Last year the American Truckers Association prepared a report for Congress*highlighting the susceptibility of the nation’s just-in-time delivery system
, the majority of which is made possible by the transport and delivery of freight. In the event of a catastrophic disaster such as a war that drives fuel prices through the roof or even a natural disaster such as a solar flare that renders electronic trucks inoperable, there would be a “a swift and devastating impact on the food, healthcare, transportation, waste removal, retail, manufacturing, and financial sectors,” according to the report.

The backbone of commerce in the United States is the truck drivers who spend long hours on the road ensuring our very survival as a modern society.

But with fuel prices continuing to rise, wages dropping, jobs becoming harder to find, and rampant corruption in Washington D.C. furthering the country’s economic death spiral, America’s truck drivers, like the majority of our fellow citizens, are fed up.

Between October 11th and 13th they have called for a general strike, asking truck drivers around the country to refuse to haul freight, a move that could carry with it a significant impact on the American economy.

The protest calls for truckers to make their way to Washington D.C. in a massive convoy in an effort to call attention to, among other things, the Benghazi cover-up, the recent attack which*killed 25 members of SEAL Team 6
, ever rising fuel prices, and claims that President Obama has engaged in treasonous crimes.

Moreover, they’ve requested that the American people join them in solidarity by not shopping or engaging in any economic activity that benefits the government or their corporate interests.
The American people are sick and tired of the corruption that is destroying America! We therefore declare a GENERAL STRIKE on the weekend of October 11-13, 2013! Truck drivers will not haul freight! Americans can strike in solidarity with truck drivers!*[…]*Breaker 1 9 calling on all Trucker to shut America down for three days October 11-13. The American people are bleeding out with no relief in sight, It is time to change the NEWS. Let us show our elected officials that we are 100% fed up with corruption and the blatant disregard of the Constitution that they swore to defend.*Bob tail it hammer down to the bull$hit city with flags flying high.*[…]*My fellow Patriot this effort is to support the truckers in a major shut down of America in a 3 day strike October 11th thru 13th.*Obamacare will be in effect and most people will be ready to take action. No commerce on those days stock up on items that you will need. No banking no shopping no money transactions. It does not matter If a million or 50 roll through DC in this effort. Congress will listen to We The People. Which is remove Obama from office for crimes of treason and misdemeanors. We want Congressional hearing on Benghazi and Seal Team 6. Louis Learner put in jail. No amnesty, remove all Muslims in our government that do not uphold the Constitution. Remove Eric Holder from office for crimes against the people and the Constitution. Last but not least is Fuel prices. - Via:*The Truckers to Shutdown America Facebook Page

Last edited:
They are striking on the weekend? For 2 days?

That's pretty comical, most big distribution centers are M-F, or sometime Sat, but most are closed on Sunday. Monday's are the biggest day in grocery, followed by Friday's, so it wont effect them much. And ALL the grocery companies use company fleet trucks to deliver to the stores, followed closely by the biggest company you never heard of C&S Wholesale Grocers who delivers about 90% of the food on the east coast to both DC's and stores. I personally know Rick Cohen, he's the 13th richest person in the US, and trust me, C&S isn't going to strike. The grocery stores will have PLENTY of stuff in them.

"No commerce, no banking, no shopping," how are the truckers going to shut down the banks? and the product is already in the retail stores, so it wont effect shopping. As a matter of fact its already in the distribution centers, so it wont effect the stores for weeks, if at all.

All this is going to do is get them fired from the companies that expect deliveries on those days, and since there are about 10,000 independent trucking companies in the US, I'm, pretty sure that they will be replaced in a heartbeat by either the major players, or another small independent.

This is a retarted strike if you ask me, and while I support their message its not going to effect any of us in any meaningful way.

That's pretty comical, most big distribution centers are M-F, or sometime Sat, but most are closed on Sunday. Monday's are the biggest day in grocery, followed by Friday's, so it wont effect them much. And ALL the grocery companies use company fleet trucks to deliver to the stores, followed closely by the biggest company you never heard of C&S Wholesale Grocers who delivers about 90% of the food on the east coast to both DC's and stores. I personally know Rick Cohen, he's the 13th richest person in the US, and trust me, C&S isn't going to strike. The grocery stores will have PLENTY of stuff in them.

"No commerce, no banking, no shopping," how are the truckers going to shut down the banks? and the product is already in the retail stores, so it wont effect shopping. As a matter of fact its already in the distribution centers, so it wont effect the stores for weeks, if at all.

All this is going to do is get them fired from the companies that expect deliveries on those days, and since there are about 10,000 independent trucking companies in the US, I'm, pretty sure that they will be replaced in a heartbeat by either the major players, or another small independent.

This is a retarted strike if you ask me, and while I support their message its not going to effect any of us in any meaningful way.

18 wheelers take up alot of realestate. It wouldnt be hard for them to shut major roadways/interstates. It takes a special rig to tow one of em and itd be hard to tow the millions of trucks that are out there. So is it possible? Absolutly. Going to happen? Not at all.

I feel that there is going to be 10 people that participate in this and the rest of the 99.9999999999999999999999% of American will NEVER hear about it on the 11th-13th let alone feel any blow back.

Many warehouses now run 24/7-364 only taking off on Christmas Day, the whse. where I'm working is like that.

Back
Top Bottom