• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Drunk Hit My Son's Truck Yesterday . . .

Hope the drunk spends a lot of time in jail. A drunk driver killed my father
Sorry about your father.
Guess it depends on how many DUIs he already has. All I know for sure is that it will cost him a lot of money.
And who knows, my son's truck may have stopped him from killing somebody down the highway.

Delete this and call an attorney. Your son should also go to the ER to be checked out. He will end up with a better truck if it does things right and the drunk that hit him deserves to be drug through the cleaners for it

Yep, talk with Laxguy59 Laxguy59 . Hell fix you up.

Seriously call me, I don't care if I'm sleeping I will wake up just to take a case against a drunk driver.

404-309-3847

Too far out of your territory. He does not have money for an attorney anyway.
If he had been injured, yes we would pursue that. However I have tried to raise my boys to be honest.

Too far out of your territory. He does not have money for an attorney anyway.
If he had been injured, yes we would pursue that. However I have tried to raise my boys to be honest.
you don't need to be injured to collect on a DUI. The law allows for punitive damages alone to dissuade drunk driving. Its a contingency fee, no upfront payment. Up to you, but I hate drunk drivers and I think they should pay. I also take accident cases all over the state and some out of the state, so no where is too far really.

you don't need to be injured to collect on a DUI. The law allows for punitive damages alone to dissuade drunk driving. Its a contingency fee, no upfront payment. Up to you, but I hate drunk drivers and I think they should pay. I also take accident cases all over the state and some out of the state, so no where is too far really.

Fair enough. I will give him you info and have him call you.
Thanks.

Even if your son doesn't feel injured now he may have been.
I've been in a few wrecks that I walked away from that have caught up to me now that I'm older.
Most medical professionals will tell you that if your vehicle suffered damage so did your body, at least to some degree.

When my truck was hit it was about 2 weeks later when my neck really started hurting. It was over 2 years before l was done with doctors. I didn't talk to a lawyer at the beginning which was a mistake. I'm not saying sue the guy. But make sure you have all of the right info now. When l went to try to collect l didnt have all of the right info on the guy and the lawyer l hired ended up backing out so l wouldn't have to pay him. With him backing out the settlement was almost enough to cover my medical expenses. The only way l could of gotten more was to have more info on the person who hit me. Who couldn't be found even with a PI that the lawyer paid for out of what would of been his cut. He was an honest good lawyer and if l could remember his name l would give it out.

When my truck was hit it was about 2 weeks later when my neck really started hurting. It was over 2 years before l was done with doctors. I didn't talk to a lawyer at the beginning which was a mistake. I'm not saying sue the guy. But make sure you have all of the right info now. When l went to try to collect l didnt have all of the right info on the guy and the lawyer l hired ended up backing out so l wouldn't have to pay him. With him backing out the settlement was almost enough to cover my medical expenses. The only way l could of gotten more was to have more info on the person who hit me. Who couldn't be found even with a PI that the lawyer paid for out of what would of been his cut. He was an honest good lawyer and if l could remember his name l would give it out.

Thanks. Going to contact Laxguy59.
Will see what he says.

"The guy's insurance company" does not have the right to "total" the truck.

The measure of damage is the value of the truck immediately before the accident, less the value immediately after the accident. If the truck is "totaled", that is, has no value, then the damages would be the FMV of the truck before the accident. if the truck has salvage value, even as scrap, then the insurance company can deduct that from the settlement.

Being as it is the adverse party's ins. company, he does not have to give them the salvage (wrecked truck) to get his damages. Basically they should have left a check when they left the premises. The fact that they didn't indicates that he is dealing with a second tier company, maybe high risk,

Back
Top Bottom