• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Esee 6 or Rat 7? Need some advice.

Ontario customer service is non-existant. Quality control stinks too. I was given a D2 Rat-7. Uneven grind and a chipped finish NIB. They wouldn't even respond to my contact attempts. Sheath is crap. Buy the ESEE, or something else. BTW, if you get the Ontario, you will probably need to reshape the grips.

Looking to add a nice fixed blade to my collection. I am looking at the Ontario Rat 7 and the Esee 6. Besides the size difference is there really any difference in the quality of the two. They look to be the same steel and very similar in design. I like the 6 inch Esee but the Rat 7 is cheaper. Just looking for opinions between the two.

not sure if you are Mil or LE, but ESEE offers a very nice program for those that qualify

A nice priced esee 5 was posted on the jungle training esee forum.

You might find the 5 too heavy for every day. Most people say get the 6 unless you are going to use it as a pry bar, then the 5 comes in handy.

Well I ended up ordering a Ontario Rat 5 that I'm going to try and see what I want to do from there. Thanks for all the replies and advice! I am sure I will buy a Esee in the future or maybe a custom knife.

Back
Top Bottom