• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Baffle Strike

z.chance

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
93   0
Reaction score
So I dont know WTF happened. I threaded my Specwar on, locked the lock ring, then checked to make sure the can was on tight. Everything seemed normal. Pull the trigger and the can launched about 50 feet into the woods. As far as I can tell, it only hit the end cap.

On the muzzle brake mount, so can see where the locking paws drug across the threads. In fact the lock ring was still in the locked position when I picked the can up off the ground.

Any idea how much this is going to cost to repair?

[Broken External Image]:

Here you can see where the locking paw drug across the threads
[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited:
Prob nothing. Send in the muzzle device and the can so they can look at it. I had a endcap strike with my sdn6 and it was fixed free. Also when mine hit, the can stayed on the rifle so there may be more going on with your situation

I know a guy who had the same experience with a Specwar. Call Silencerco, explain what happened and they'll take care of you. Pretty sure it won't cost you a thing other than the shipping to them.

Silencerco's customer service is probably the #1 reason to buy their cans. That and their cutting edge designs.

How bad was the strike? Pics?
It wasnt that bad IMO. looks like it partially struck then end cap, bulging it slightly, and left some copper behind. I didnt even see it right when I picked it up. Ill get some pics tonight and Probably call them tomorrow.

Thats great to hear about their customer service! Do I have to go through a dealer to mail it?

It wasnt that bad IMO. looks like it partially struck then end cap, bulging it slightly, and left some copper behind. I didnt even see it right when I picked it up. Ill get some pics tonight and Probably call them tomorrow.

Thats great to hear about their customer service! Do I have to go through a dealer to mail it?

I'm about 98% sure you can mail it directly to them without going through a dealer, since they're a manufacturer, but definitely confirm that with them when you're on the phone.

Same thing happened to the guy I knew - the Specwar flew right off his rifle. Not sure about the other details, but again, I'm sure Silencerco will fix it, no questions asked - even it was somehow your mistake.

Dang. What brand and weight of ammo or were they reloads?
This is why I'm thinking of buying an omega. Replaceable end caps.

What was the ammo type? And did you check for concentricity?

Definitely sucks but Silencerco should take care of you?
Ammo was that stuff you get in the green battle packs. I have put probably a 50-100 rounds through this setup with the suppressor. Barrel is a 1 in 10" 308, so it should be even better at stabilizing bullets with the fast twist rate. Its also factory threaded.

I put the can back on the rifle after the incident, and looked through the bore. It appeared to be aligned.

Back
Top Bottom