• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First time flying since early March 2020

Similar story for me. I flew to El Paso, Tx. Last week. It was my first flight since Feb 2020. Pre COVID I flew 45 ~ 50 rounds trips/year all on Delta. Traffic was surprisingly light to & from the airport (I-20 & Camp Creek Parkway). The Parking Spot 2 is closed due to reduction in travelers so I had to park at PS1. Masks required before stepping on bus. Terminal was deserted, no one in front of me at Pre-Check. I was at the gate in app. 10 minutes after stepping off the bus. Concourse A was deserted. There were only a few people at each gate. They boarded from back to front, which is how they should have always done it. Was given a hand sanitizer wipe at the boarding door. Upgraded to First Class on outbound flight. No meal service, only snack boxes in 1st class. The only alcohol choice was beer & wine. No liquor or soft drinks, bottled water only. I had a whole row to myself in 1st outbound. I got upgraded to Comfort + on the return. Middle seat blocked/un-occupied. Same alcohol choices and got a small bag with a bottle of water, snacks & hand sanitizer. Plenty of overhead space for luggage. Got back to ATL 30 minutes early. No delays and no extensive jockeying around to get in the landing pattern in ATL which used to be time consuming. It was almost like flying 30 years ago.

My daughter flew to Commiefornia (SFO) 3 times last year. The first 2 had the middle seats open, so you didn’t have to sit beside anyone. Her last flight at Christmas was full. Literally every seat on the plane was full. That may have just because of Christmas. She’s going again next month, not sure how full that flight will be.

I have been flying almost every week since last July from ATL to Chicago.

Things were generally pretty light before Christmas. Since the new year most of my flights have been pretty full.
Besides the empty seat in the middle.
Interestingly though all the flights I’ve been on in the last couple months have been on 3-2 (seats per row) flights.
If you sit on the side with 2 seats, more than likely you will be sitting beside someone you don’t know.

Back
Top Bottom