• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Flooring advice

karlvv30

Wolf Icon Supporter
Bad at deer hunting
19   0
Reaction score
If I'm looking to spend about $5 a square foot, what would be my best option for flooring? My goal is durability and added value. I like the idea of hardwood but I'm just not sure on the value added. Thanks for any advice.

Hardwood is nice, but I always thought it a pain to keep up if you have kids or pets. We tried that snap together flooring with the pad underneath in our last house. Always felt like I was walking on a giant sponge. Our house here is all tile because of small dogs, and we are extremely happy with it. Depending on your subfloor, you might want to look at the new types of vinyl flooring out today. Just my opinion. Good luck in your hunt.

Realtor for 20 years. If you can, look at other homes in your area that are similar to yours. Check out what they sold for and what type flooring they had. LVP can be good, quality hardwoods also. A lot of people do carpets in bedrooms, tile in baths/laundry, LVP or hardwoods in common areas.

We installed the pre finished real hardwood from Home Depot

If you can use a tape measure and a miter saw and a hammer , you can install the prefinisjed hardwood

It’s real wood , not the laminate and not the plastic .

I'd recommend LVP. Vinyl when we were kids looked like garbage but I think it's a good option now. Looks pretty good. It's durable. And the price is right. I'd show you what I've got in my in-law apartment but I'm out of town like usual.

Back
Top Bottom