• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

? for all the armed forces vets .

I got out for several reasons. I didn't like working for a terrorist. I didn't like being sent to fight a war I felt was not justified. I didn't like the constant decline of good leadership at the unit level. I didn't like the increasing lack of discipline at the unit level. I was tired of moving all over the place. I was ready to get on with my life without the restrictions of the military.

Got drafted, did 4 years, got my right leg smashed to hell in a high sea rescue, married my high school sweetheart, will be married 41 years this June, drawing 30% disability!

Served from 1957-78. It was a different military back then. I don't think I would like the Army now. It started declining in the late sixties.

286 days underway the year I was up for re-enlistment. Spent 144 days straight at sea...Iran crisis days. Tried the reserves but it was just too boring. Got out, tripled my pay for doing the same job on the same airplanes, got a BS and never looked back. To this day my wife can't get me to go on a cruise..haha

Got out of the Marines in 97 because of all the new changes. Which was stupid but i was young and dumb. Tried to go back 10 years later but was told i was too old lol. Got out of te national guard last month for a few reasons. Hard to work 2 jobs and the guard too, tired of the bs and hoped to advance at my job. Contrary to what some companies and government agencies say, they hate it if you're in the guard and they won't support you for crap. They will do what they have to do just because the law says so. Of it wasn't for the soldiers and sailor relief act they wouldn't hold your job for crap.

current policies, they dont take care of their own, pay, the army is more willing to fry you for something small than to help you....and combat is ending haha

Back
Top Bottom