• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Great hunting scope option

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Was putting together a complete rifle package for a customer for his first Montana elk hunt.

Rifle is a Weatherby 307 XP Range in 7mmRemMag

20MOA Peak Picatinny base

MDT rings

Customer left the rifle, caliber, and optic up to me. I was looking for a scope, and I had certain criteria. He'll be hunting the same property that I was on last year, and in the 3 days I hunted there, I had shots from 90 yards to 600yds.

Some of the criteria I was looking for:
-bottom end of under 3x
-top end of at least 10x
-illuminated, ranging MOA reticle
-compact to medium size, with an objective less than 50mm
-quality you can depend on to be drug through the snows and terrain in central Montana

I ended up choosing a scope I hadn't seen before, but checked all the boxes; Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15x42mm.

I'm really impressed with this scope as a solid hunting scope option. If I need to pick up another anytime soon, this one is towards the top of my list.

MSRP is $1380, we sell them at TruPrep for $1260.

IMG_1643.jpeg

IMG_1644.jpeg

Meh, I shoot mil but it’s two languages that accomplish the same thing.

I get it, it's a preference.......but if you can get the system that you prefer, then why not?

I trained a lot of shooters in long range. Some don't have a problem with working in both systems, some folks absolutely cannot get their head wrapped around the other system, whether it be MOA or mils.

I get it, it's a preference.......but if you can get the system that you prefer, then why not?

I trained a lot of shooters in long range. Some don't have a problem with working in both systems, some folks absolutely cannot get their head wrapped around the other system, whether it be MOA or mils.
I agree. I’ve trained up a bunch of folks on both as well. Pick one and roll with it.

Just got behind one on an a friends Christiansen 6.5. Nice for sure but it was in 5x50/56. Liked all aspects except the windage turent markings. The .125 adjustment is nice and preferred at 500 plus. Overall I was impressed.

Back
Top Bottom