• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hodgdon announces another $$$$ increase

blackpowderbill

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
8   0
Reaction score
Received this from one of my powder & components distributors yesterday. This is the 5th increase in 3 years. Powder is already selling at a avg. cost of 40$ per pound MSPR. SMH

Good morning. Hodgdon announced an increase last week, effective immediately. The increase was substantial (12-35%) across the board on all powders. The new pricing moving forward is in the attached catalog.

On the non-powder items, this is your last chance at 2023 pricing as we will transition over to the 2024 late this week. Information on known increases is on the information page. Norma has discontinued quite a few items for 2024 and pricing is on the information page as well for those. Please get those while they last if you need those items or any of the Lehigh we are closing out.
End...
Regards,
BlackPowderBill
Hull GA

Amazing what happens when one does not know what he is talking about
Alliant owned by ATK
Shooters World is Czech
Vhitavouri is the same group that owns Lapua, sako/tikka

Hodgdon, winchester, imr, ramshot and accurate all owned by Hodgdon.

Did I forget anyone?

As for actual manufacturers of the powder St. Marks in Florida makes stuff for hodgdon and ATK. Bofors in Sweden makes stuff for ATK. Lovex in Czech Republic makes shooters world. Not sure who makes VV. Thales in Australia makes the extreme line for hodgdon. And most of IMR is the former dupont plant in Canada.

Sooooo if there is a price increase on the manufacturing side, it is what it is. If hodgdon is the only one raising prices. It's nice to own the lions share of the US canister market.

I've been keeping my eyes open for availability of Shooters World powders, just to try them out. Their price point historically looks like it's been cheaper than a lot of the competition.

I guess it also opens up (maybe) some opportunities for manufacturers like Nobel and Somchem (if they ever reopen their production line) if they can get the appropriate import licenses.

Back
Top Bottom