• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I must be in the wrong business if UPS drivers are getting paid

You ought to see what they make at Buc-ee's... I should have learned how to run a convenience store rather than engineering!

(I'm assuming some of y'all have encountered Buc-ee's even though they're new to Georgia.)

Assistant general manager $100k - $150k+
Car wash manager $125k+
Foodservice manager $125k - $175k+
General manager $150k - $225k+
They'd have to double it to get me to deal with the general public. On second thought make that triple it. And then I'd still probably get fired.

Candidly, that goes for every other truck driver in the USA as well. 99.99% of those folks don’t get to use a Union to bully their employer.
But I bet a lot of them wish the had a union at some point in their career. Nothing wrong with employer’s and a Unionized workforce agreeing to a contract that both sides must adhere to.

My UPS guy is awesome and earns every penny of his pay…FedEx on the other hand, they can go kick sand!
UPS and USPS has been good to me lately. Fedex has always been pretty lame.

Usually it's just really late but this last package says it was delivered but I never got it. Tried to file a claim with them but it's too much trouble over an $11 item so I contacted the seller to deal with it. If they don't then I'll have my credit card company have the final say so on a refund.

UPS and USPS has been good to me lately. Fedex has always been pretty lame.

Usually it's just really late but this last package says it was delivered but I never got it. Tried to file a claim with them but it's too much trouble over an $11 item so I contacted the seller to deal with it. If they don't then I'll have my credit card company have the final say so on a refund.

I was leaving the neighborhood the other day and saw a package laying in the ditch. I stopped and picked it up because I thought it was trash but it was sealed and addressed to a neighbor so I went and delivered it to him. Shockingly it was a FedEx package…what was really bad is that I found it well past my neighbor’s street, so FedEx just blew right past and never even tried to go down his street. I mean, it’s all gravel roads and dirt roads around here, but still, UPS and the post office manages!

Next day, FedEx rolls up my driveway with his side door wideass open with packages just sitting near the open door. I said that explains a lot right there!

They are counting Insurance and benefits in that total.
Yep. Everyone is thinking that's their yearly salary. That's their total compensation package. Still excellent, but not the same thing as salary.

I know my UPS driver busts his ass though. No AC, out there delivering past 8pm, working tons of hours during the holidays, etc. So a lot of their pay is OT too... They drivers aren't salary for the most part that I know of.

So yeah if you like working outside and putting in a ton of hours, you can make UPS money.

Back
Top Bottom