• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is my Ammo legal to carry in my gun?

I bought these from a gun store in Lawrenceville, Ga. about 25 years ago. At the time I didn't realize they were +p and put 6 of them in an old cheap Taurus 38. That Taurus was stolen from my truck years ago (someone got a surprise). I was told later they were Illegal. Why are they illegal?
Thanks

I don't know about where the law would be stated (or even if it's still in force) but these kinds of rounds were at some point restricted for sale only to federal law enforcement (which isn't necessarily the same as being illegal for you to possess)

Apparently (and coincidentally, given the date) these rounds were used at the Waco standoff.

Take a look here and search in the page for "Cookie cutter"

I found this on the inturb-web, so it must be true:

"These are from PMC and were called UltraMag. They were sold briefly in the '80's before their brass bullet design was banned as it could penetrate the Level II body armor worn by many law enforcement officers. As best as I can recall, the bullet weighed about 66 grains and was reported to hit about 1400 ft/sec from a 4" bbl. "

Black Talons were never "illegal". the Manufacture just pulled them and renamed them as "Ranger" or something similar and sold to "LE" only. IIRC, PMC Starfire are about the same thing as black talons.

Back
Top Bottom