rcsob657

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Item Name: .308 FA-91 rifle & 5 magazines

Willing to Ship: Yes

Item is for: Sale Only

Sale Price: WEAPON IS SOLD AND PAID FOR.

Caliber: Fires .308 or 7.62x51 rounds

Item Description: -Federal Arms 91 rifle for sale
--Fires 308 or 7.62x51 round
--Has HK style rear sight
--Has top rail and forearm rail
-It is in the exact same condition as I bought it.
--It comes with 4 fully loaded 20 rnd magazines, and 1 partially loaded 20 rnd magazine. No case

EDITED: because I guess I'm really not that sure what was wrong with it, price dropped to 450 shipped. Still a great price for one, imo.

Rifle is in Augusta.

As you can see the round just stays in place, and because of that the spent shell is never ejected from the port causing a stove pipe/double feed issue. It is not the magazine, it does it with all of them. I do not have the ability to get it fixed because I need this weapon gone.

I bought it as is for $650 locally from a different forum in 2010 and it was suggested that I try here for more reach to sell it. I will sell it for $450 shipped to your FFL (if needed). I have some ammo with it, about 90 rounds of .308 Winchester should you want to pick it up locally. I will not ship the ammo.
i43.tinypic.com_34rc8px.jpg

i44.tinypic.com_35hjx5d.jpg

Attachments

• 34rc8px.jpg
    34rc8px.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
just my two cents, the bolt on these rides the ejector lever like a seesaw so if the front isnt kicking up when it rides over the back then it is plausible that the retaining pin is not in place in the trigger pack and the ejector lever has lowered. Can you remove the rear stock, pull the trigger group off, remove the selector lever, and pull the trigger pack housing out for a picture? Itd help your sell at the least to verify the issue concretely.

I'm trying to follow what you're saying, but I am no smith unfortunately. If it helps to tell you I recently found out that that ejector lever does not move at all when the bolt is opened, and does not go into the recess for it (I'm guessing it's meant to go under the brass to kick it out). I can manually push it in that recess and spring tension automatically kicks it back out. Does that help?

just my two cents, the bolt on these rides the ejector lever like a seesaw so if the front isnt kicking up when it rides over the back then it is plausible that the retaining pin is not in place in the trigger pack and the ejector lever has lowered. Can you remove the rear stock, pull the trigger group off, remove the selector lever, and pull the trigger pack housing out for a picture? Itd help your sell at the least to verify the issue concretely.
Or even missing....would be simply to verify. It's a simple mechanism.

Not really haha, A picture of the removed trigger pack from the housing would tell if its the ejector lever pin or not. Ill pm you details, and by not in place yes i mean missing, because with these it cant be just backed out haha

I'm trying to follow what you're saying, but I am no smith unfortunately. If it helps to tell you I recently found out that that ejector lever does not move at all when the bolt is opened, and does not go into the recess for it (I'm guessing it's meant to go under the brass to kick it out). I can manually push it in that recess and spring tension automatically kicks it back out. Does that help?
Spring tension pulls the ejector bar back down toward the FCG?

ok, I'll try to pull it apart without getting some parts lost.:) I never disassembled the rifle myself, had a smith do that and deep clean it in an effort to locate why it was messing up after I fired a round. Give me a couple minutes, lets see if i can get you the photo you need.

It's simple to break down...safety check the weapon first then pop the two pins just aft of the pistol grip and pull the rear end off. Point the barrel to the sky and the BCG will fall out the back, then push down and forward on the pistol grip and the FCG will come loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom