• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone! FS/FT S&W Model 629-1 .44 Mag 6-Shot Revolver Stainless Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cxglock26

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
123   4
Reaction score
Item Name: S&W Model 629-1 .44 Mag 6-Shot Revolver Stainless Nice!

Zip Code: 30024

Item is for: Sale or Trade

Sale Price: 800

Trade Value or Items Looking For: See description

Caliber: .44 Magnum/.44 Special

Willing To Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required: No

Item Description:
Up for sale/trade is a very nice S&W 629-1 stainless 6-shot .44 magnum revolver. Has new Hogue grips on her and she looks and functions flawlessly. She's outfitted with an accurate 4" barrel, adjustable sights with a red tip barrel sight as well. Although she isn't technically a "Mountain Gun" you are more than welcomed to use her while in the mountains :-)

Would trade for the same gun in a 3"barrel to carry. Maybe a GP100 3" +cash.

Pictures:
1410470540_1.jpg

1410470540_2.jpg

1410470540_3.jpg

1410470540_4.jpg

Last edited:
Ummm...That doesn't look like a Mountain Gun to me--No Tapered Barrel, no "Black Powder Chamfer" on the leading edge of the Cylinder...Looks like a NICE, "Regular" 629-1...HTH....mikey357

Ummm...That doesn't look like a Mountain Gun to me--No Tapered Barrel, no "Black Powder Chamfer" on the leading edge of the Cylinder...Looks like a NICE, "Regular" 629-1...HTH....mikey357

Sorry about the specifics Mikey357. Where I'm from, .44 caliber is considered "Mountain Gun" so I was stating it on that. Yes, a regular 629-1. Excuse my ignorance on not knowing that there was an actual "Mountain Gun" physical standards on these. I apologize.

When I'm in the mountains any gun on me is a mountain gun. Lighten up guys the op meant it's capable of taking down a large predator with a .44. Nice gun glws.

take a deburr tool and mount it in a brace.

apply the tool to the muzzle of the barrel, or cylinder, and rotate.

after the chamfer has been cut take a strip of emory cloth and place between the work piece and the deburr tool and polish.

and abracadabra it's a mountain gun

When I'm in the mountains any gun on me is a mountain gun. Lighten up guys the op meant it's capable of taking down a large predator with a .44. Nice gun glws.
There is an actual "Mountain Gun" that S&W puts out, that is what Mickey was referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom