38   0
Reaction score
Item Name: fully engraved nickel Colt Police Positive

Item is for: Sale Only

Sale Price: $1,500.00

Caliber: .38 special

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I occasionally am able to squeeze a revolver out of the many I buy at on line auctions and put it away from the temptation of pricing. This one I thought I would never offer for sale but I have two guns coming I would really like to keep so here goes.
A 1930's Colt Police Positive, nickel plated and fully engrave by J. Fred Henderson, Master engraver. The revolver itself is 1 100% gun if in it's original so I will call it a solid 99% finish wise and mechanically. It is fully engraved by hammer and chisel and it is a work of art. Fred Henderson, now deceased did engraving oh handguns for President Ford and Carter, custom engraving for the German Museum of Natural History, a gold Golf Club for Bob Hope. He is most famous for engraving guns for professional sports stars including many Atlanta Braves including Bobby Cox, Hank Aaron and then numerous other players after they saw the work he did then the desire for his workmanship spread to Falcon players and players for other professional atheletes.
My revolver was engraved for engraved for a professional athlete that I cannot name, it came with that baggage came attached to the gun.
To make it more attractive the old original wood grips were replaced with simulated Stag grips which do not look bad but it would look SOoo good with a set of real ivory grips.
I havn't taken pictures yet and it will be difficult to take pictures that do this work of art justice because of the glare that will come off of it but I will take several shots and if you are interested send me your email address for pictures.
My Wife could care less about my guns but she said quote " Why do you want to sell the engraved gun that is the only pretty gun you have got"?
The price is firm and I would be embarresed to tell you the two guns that I traded for it a year ago.
Thanks
Garrell

ll

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.

I have taken the pictures and out of of twenty five or so I think that I got half a dozen decent ones. I know some of you thinks it's ridiculous that I advertise a gun then offer to email pictures when requested. You probably did not see my request for a good samaritian a few weeks ago and I had so many offers to post pictures it was overwhelming. I am recovering from three strokes that left me with 100% memory loss and in a wheelchair for over two years. I didn't know who my Wife, two adult Daughters, Five Grandchildren or anyone was. I am much better now and I walk with a walking stick mainly because of Parkinson's desease but I do have a problem comprehending and following instructions. I have spent entire nights trying to post pictures. I just can't do it but I have had some great forum members offer to post pictures and many have so please don't let the fact that there wasn't any pictures to begin with hurt your opinion of the revolver, I had three request for pictures by 4:00 AM today.

Thats one pretty gun :) sorry it took so long with uploading pic's

i48.tinypic.com_wkilw9.jpg

i47.tinypic.com_mh4in5.jpg

i50.tinypic.com_2yuafz7.jpg

i48.tinypic.com_21yeis.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom