• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Relisted! 3500-4500 watt duel fuel inverter generator.

Wombat7

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
Looking to pick up a lightly used duel fuel 3500-4500 watt inverter generator. Must be a quality brand that’s fairly new. I’m leaning towards the Champion brand. Will need a model that has, open style construction. If it has wheels and a drag handle that would be a plus. I will have to mix at least some trade into the deal. Please take a look at the may fine items I have listed and let me know what interests you. Please pm me with your generator information and lots of pictures. If you have some newish 20 gallon full or empty propane tanks please let me know. I can meet you halfway. See below link for the type of portable generator I’m looking for.

Champion makes some nice dual-fuel regular generators that are easy to maintain. I bought one after Hurricane Michael. I fired it up to test it during that Polar Express last year a week before Christmas that dropped temps down into the teens. The gasoline would not volatilize but the propane side fired right up.
The specs for mine are:
4750 Starting Watts/3800 Running Watts (Gasoline)
4275 Starting Watts/3420 Running Watts (LPG)
I plan to keep mine after throwing away a freezer full of food.

I simply added a conversion to mine. I have a 12K generator that was gas only. I got a propane conversion kit off ebay for like $100 and now it runs on either. DONT pay extra for one that is dual fuel. Get the biggest you can afford, then just convert yourself. Then, you can put an interlock kit on your panel, and just plug the generator into your house. Easy.

I have the genny you listed above. It is great for my needs. It tops off my batteries in my 5th wheel when we are boondocking. You picked a good one. Good luck, because I am not getting rid of mine. :)

I have the genny you listed above. It is great for my needs. It tops off my batteries in my 5th wheel when we are boondocking. You picked a good one. Good luck, because I am not getting rid of mine. :)
I liked what Sowega86 wrote about the ease of maintenance. I’ll probably just leave it dry and rarely use it. In the event I need to work on it having an open design will really help with maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom