• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

North West GA  Item Relisted! FS AR-15 Complete Lower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone PM'ed me this morning disapproving of me requesting ID to prove that a buyer is not a felon. I'm an individual selling from my collection. If you don't like that I want proof that you're a legal law abiding citizen, that's your problem. I prefer to protect my family and career with legal proof. Otherwise keep your personal opinion to yourself as I don't care. I will let the admins know if you continue to harass me. If you have questions about the Lower or would like to make me an offer feel free to contact me.

Last edited:
You are free to ask whatever you like but you do need to make sure your information is correct. In GA there is no registry of firearms or ATF transfer. If someone is harassing you please report it and it will be handled accordingly.

thanks

Form 4473

A Firearms Transaction Record, or Form 4473, is a United States government form that must be filled out when a person purchases a firearm from a Federal Firearm License holder (such as a gun shop).

The Form 4473 contains name, address, date of birth, government-issued photo ID, National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) background check transaction number, make/model/serial number of the firearm, and a short federal affidavit stating that the purchaser is eligible to purchase firearms under federal law. Lying on this form is a felony and can be punished by up to five years in prison in addition to fines, even if the transaction is simply denied by the NICS, although prosecutions are rare in the absence of another felony committed with the gun purchased.

The dealer also records all information from the Form 4473 into their "bound-book". A dealer must keep this on file at least 20 years and is required to surrender the log to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) upon retirement from the firearms business. The ATF is allowed to inspect, as well as request a copy of the Form 4473 from the dealer during the course of a criminal investigation. In addition, the sale of two or more handguns to a person in a five-day period must be reported to ATF on Form 3310.4.

If a person purchases a firearm from a private individual who is not a licensed dealer, the purchaser is not required in most states to complete a Form 4473, though some states require individual sellers to sell through dealers.

These forms are given the same status as a tax return under the Privacy Act of 1974 and cannot be disclosed by the government to private parties or other government officials except in accordance with the Privacy Act. Individual dealers possessing a copy of the form are not subject to the Privacy Act's restrictions on disclosure. Dealers are required to maintain completed forms for 20 years in the case of completed sales and 5 years where the sale was denied by the NICS check coming back disapproved or other disqualifying information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom