• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

iTrader Court!

Does "Got an AK" deserve a negative rating?

• Yes! He said "done deal"

Votes: 95 55.6%
  • No! No time or place to meet was set.

Votes: 76 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A place was set but no time was set. The Owner PMd his cell number but obviously didn't get a call from the buyer because the buyer was trying to get the seller to reconfigure the weapon. This doesn't warrant negative feed back. IMO

I agree with no neg feedback. There were what if's and stipulations. The seller found a much less hassle free trade and took it. I don't see a problem.

Also seems seller was quite honest and cordial about letting 1st potential buyer know the new score.

If it was a "done deal" and then a time and place was set which was I would say neg feedback, but after the fact, further negotiations were trying to be made which to me nullifies the original "done deal". The seller/trader got a for sure deal with out any other negotiations needed. I vote reverse it. If any thing, I say the other party should get a neg for trying to get more out of the original "done deal" that he/she already made.

We always immediately think to a 'negative' ratings here when we have someone back out. But because of the 'no time and place set, so harm done' motto....I think the 'Neutral' rating should be used in this situation.

I feel a deal was definitely SET here, But it must've been late, so they wanted to continue to work out the details in the morn.

I do feel like there should be some rules set for this. I like the 'no time and place set' = no negative feedback. But if the traders have said 'deal', or 'i'll take it', or 'let's do it'....something along thoses lines of setting a deal, then they enter the neutral zone. If you follow through with the deal, then you get to the positive zone. But if you back out before setting time and place, then you are to receive a Neutral rating.

I do NOT feel that a mod should be able to 'feel out' the situation and toss in his opinion such as, 'He's new man, give him a break,' or 'He doesnt understand yet how we work.'
They wil learn when they start getting neutral and negative feedbacks. We are dealing with grown men and women here guys. We shouldnt have to BABY them.

IMO.:)

Are some of you even reading and putting yourself in the position before you vote or commment?

- - - Updated - - -

We always immediately think to a 'negative' ratings here when we have someone back out. But because of the 'no time and place set, so harm done' motto....I think the 'Neutral' rating should be used in this situation.

I feel a deal was definitely SET here, But it must've been late, so they wanted to continue to work out the details in the morn.

I do feel like there should be some rules set for this. I like the 'no time and place set' = no negative feedback. But if the traders have said 'deal', or 'i'll take it', or 'let's do it'....something along thoses lines of setting a deal, then they enter the neutral zone. If you follow through with the deal, then you get to the positive zone. But if you back out before setting time and place, then you are to receive a Neutral rating.

I do NOT feel that a mod should be able to 'feel out' the situation and toss in his opinion such as, 'He's new man, give him a break,' or 'He doesnt understand yet how we work.'
They wil learn when they start getting neutral and negative feedbacks. We are dealing with grown men and women here guys. We shouldnt have to BABY them.

IMO.:)

Well put X2

If it was a "done deal" and then a time and place was set which was I would say neg feedback, but after the fact, further negotiations were trying to be made which to me nullifies the original "done deal". The seller/trader got a for sure deal with out any other negotiations needed. I vote reverse it. If any thing, I say the other party should get a neg for trying to get more out of the original "done deal" that he/she already made.

This.

I've been told by moderators that if no time and place was set, the deal hasn't been made. I don't do business by those rules, but that's what I've been told they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom