• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just cruising.

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I think most people like to get in their car and just drive around and think it's their last bastion of freedom and retreat from the world outside. Well what I heard on the news this morning you can go ahead and scratch that one off the list too. If your vehicle has OnStar you're being tracked at every moment every second of what you're doing, how fast you're going, how fast you're stopping and every other little habit and nuance you do when you're driving. Wel you might not think that's too bad because they know where you are if you get in an accident. Well what I heard this morning on the early news is that they are sharing that information with insurance companies. So if you have had a sudden rise in your insurance rates over the last 6 months to a year then you know where it's coming from. If you buy a vehicle with OnStar you're automatically enrolled in this tracking system. But you can elect to unsubscribe to this feature but it has to be done manually. I just about blew my lid when I heard that. Although my car doesn't have OnStar or my truck rather, I still feel for people that have it and don't know that they're being tracked. This age of technology it's going to be the straw that broke the camel's back at some time.

Now if that doesn't bother you I also heard that Airbnb is being fined and investigated for having cameras in their rooms. They have cameras on the outside in sensitive areas for obvious sake. But they also have decibel meters inside the rooms in case you're getting too loud or having a party. We are slowly turning into a communist regime with this technology and quite frankly it bothers me beyond furious. Companies are doing anything they can to invade your life and protect their bottom line. And they have no qualms about it. That is a blatant line of invasion of privacy if I've ever heard one. The bad thing is you don't even know what's happening. Anything even remotely related to your being recorded on this phone call should be a full disclosure situation. It just blows my mind every time I turn on the news and listen to what's going on. So by all means get on you're OnStar app and turn that feature off.

This is getting way out of control….out of hand….out of reality….out of whatever.
The assholes that track us and report us should be ashamed. Even though they are providing a service that is asked for. It still isn’t right.
The assholes that want this info for any purpose should be doubly ashamed also.

It is really going to the crapper….our freedoms and privacy is getting to be nonexistent.
I just don’t know what to say other than this….the bigger problem is what can we do about it ???

Im sure your cell phone provider is going to do the same. They can track you as well. Not bad enough they keep charging you more for the service, Im sure they look for other ways to turn a buck on top of your buck. Selling your privacy is one way.

This is getting way out of control….out of hand….out of reality….out of whatever.
The assholes that track us and report us should be ashamed. Even though they are providing a service that is asked for. It still isn’t right.
The assholes that want this info for any purpose should be doubly ashamed also.

It is really going to the crapper….our freedoms and privacy is getting to be nonexistent.
I just don’t know what to say other than this….the bigger problem is what can we do about it ???
Isn't it just so invasive that it borders on just stripping your rights all together.

Isn't it just so invasive that it borders on just stripping your rights all together.
Agreed. Unfortunately this is the truth. If something is not done that really gets their attention…..it will be worse each time. Even just a small step worse. Then the next time the same thing…a little more worse, then a little more…etc. :mad::(

Stay home, pet the dog and throw a steak on the grill.
I’m fighting the man my own way. Anyone tracking me will eventually die of boredom.
I second that motion. I haven't left the house but once since the 4th. It's odd if I leave the house more than 6 times a month and most of those times are quick ( well I say quick, it takes me 20 minutes to get to Kroger ) sprints to the grocery store. I would rather take a beating then go out anyway. I stock up on eats and bar this abode up!

Back
Top Bottom