• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kayak Fishing Thread

Between end of sports, end of school, and a very needed vacation, didn't get out much in May. June shaping up nicely. Thought I saw UFO Monday night, but it was a fresh batch of Starlink satellites so close to each other, it was a slow solid line of light. Kinda freaked me ouy.

Attachments

• 20230614_223603.jpg
    20230614_223603.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230612_214556.jpg
    20230612_214556.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230608_224221.jpg
    20230608_224221.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230608_223433.jpg
    20230608_223433.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 11
Anyone looked at the Hammerhead line of kayaks?
I'm quite sure they are just rebranding someone's boat. Not sure if they are domestically made.

I am leaning toward adding a Crescent to the stable as a light throw and go option. Finding a used one is impossible.

I bought a BKC RA220 from Brooklyn Kayak Co.​

Around the time everyone else was buying them and not many out there for sale.
Used it on several lakes, ponds and rivers. I got it as the description had 'stable enough to stand and fish' and I guess it is but trying to fly fish off it while standing is a bit tricky. Even removing the seat and sitting on a cooler 18" still kinda wobbly. Will either sale it or keep as extra but will be more diligent on reviews on the next purchase of one when it comes to stability. Really want to be able to stand.

I bought a BKC RA220 from Brooklyn Kayak Co.​

Around the time everyone else was buying them and not many out there for sale.
Used it on several lakes, ponds and rivers. I got it as the description had 'stable enough to stand and fish' and I guess it is but trying to fly fish off it while standing is a bit tricky. Even removing the seat and sitting on a cooler 18" still kinda wobbly. Will either sale it or keep as extra but will be more diligent on reviews on the next purchase of one when it comes to stability. Really want to be able to stand.
I honestly think being able to stand in a kayak and fish is a fantasy. Yes I know you can stand, and cast, and in theory fish. But all the movement that is required especially if chasing big fish during hookset and the fight is just not practical on a true kayak. You really are limited to paddle boards at that point and even then it'll never be like fishing off of a boat. I have an older Pescador and I've seen pictures of people standing and fishing in them. No way I would attempt it. Good luck in your hunt.

Not sure if this is the right forum but I'll give it a shot. I'm a large guy (300lbs ) and looking for my first ever sit on Kayak. I have bad knees and back and would like to get on a lake and paddle for some excercise. Any recomendations ? I'm not filthy rich but would like something with a nice backrest.
Thanks for any input

Not sure if this is the right forum but I'll give it a shot. I'm a large guy (300lbs ) and looking for my first ever sit on Kayak. I have bad knees and back and would like to get on a lake and paddle for some excercise. Any recomendations ? I'm not filthy rich but would like something with a nice backrest.
Thanks for any input
Why not a sit on top with a good seat?

Back
Top Bottom