• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a cheap assult rifle to mod and learn more about modding guns, whats good

funkytechmonkey

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
I am looking for something like an SKS or an AK that I can trick out..... Doesnt have to be fancy or an original chinese version. Just looking for one to play around with to mod and get to know guns a little better. Owned and been around them all my life but have never modded one. I figure this would be the cheapest gun to start playing around with. I dont have the cash to build an AR so one of these may be more up my ally. Here is a picture of what I would like to do

SKS_Yugo_59-66_A1.jpg

Any feedback on it would be good too. Thanks guys...Feel free to call or text 678-758-2349 Thanks Brian

I have some non gun items that I would like to trade for one if possible but if the price is right I will pay cash.

If you are interested in any of these items and have another type of gun to trade just let me know.

• Laptop with a Dual 20" monitor, wireless printer, docking station
  • 24" LCD computer monitor

• High End Security Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor and a PTZ camera

• Holley 770 Avenger

• 1.6 Roller Rockers and Hardened Push Rods

• Xbox 360 20 gig hard drive with Turtle Beach and games

• Pearson Compound Bow

• MMA Training Gear - Boxing gloves, shin guards, 20 lbs medicine ball with handles

I can sell you a "Modern Sporting Rifle" for about $485 out the door. Easier to work on and cheaper accesories in my opinion. AR15's are very easy to customize and are very user friendly. You should never Tapco^^ck a perfectly good SKS or AK, again my own opinion.

i1182.photobucket.com_albums_x451_spamcastle_SAM_4116.jpg

What does485 get ya?

I'm guessing New Frontier polymer lower and Sota 5.56 upper. I have both by the way and absolutely love the Sota, the NF lower is amazingly light even a bit to light for my taste but you just cant beat that price.
oh and yes got both from ClassicCityFirearms highly recommend him.

I'm guessing New Frontier polymer lower and Sota 5.56 upper. I have both by the way and absolutely love the Sota, the NF lower is amazingly light even a bit to light for my taste but you just cant beat that price.
oh and yes got both from ClassicCityFirearms highly recommend him.

What Frogman said. I have both and they work great! Match made in heaven. Really inexpensive way to get into the AR platform. At this point I don't see myself "moving up" to a more expensive brand. Why? The name on the thing doesn't give me warm and fuzzies. I just want something I can use and enjoy.

I can sell you a "Modern Sporting Rifle" for about $485 out the door. Easier to work on and cheaper accesories in my opinion. AR15's are very easy to customize and are very user friendly. You should never Tapco^^ck a perfectly good SKS or AK, again my own opinion.

i1182.photobucket.com_albums_x451_spamcastle_SAM_4116.jpg

Brian, I got into SKS about 20 years ago because I THOUGHT I couldn't afford an AR.
Many Lessons learned and if I can pass along any advice to you it is this: JUMP ON THIS AR DEAL! You won't be sorry and you will spend less over all with results that will make you much happier.
Just one thing you won't be able to do with an SKS that WILL do with an AR is get an optic that lines up and stays zeroed. I have yet to find any optic for an SKS that makes me happy.
You can look all over the nation and won't find a complete AR for less money than what Classic City is selling these!

assult rifle? you plan on doing some assulting?

I guess I dont know the correct termanology for that type of gun... hahah

I was looking for something around the $300 range. But that is a really good price for the AR. I may have to save up and get that. Most of the ARs that I have seen are over $800. I was just looking for something fun to build and cheap to shoot. I figured the 7.62 would be a good one to start with.

Back
Top Bottom