• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Moving to a different state with NFA?

Thanks a bunch!

Do I update the original trust though? It says "State of Georgia" and "Lee County" all over it.

I just filed the application to transport already. Hopefully it'll be approved soon.

Thanks!

I've always been curious about this stuff. So do I need a lawyer in the state I'm moving to review my trust to make sure that it meets that states requirements? Anything I need to update in my trust?

I've always been curious about this stuff. So do I need a lawyer in the state I'm moving to review my trust to make sure that it meets that states requirements? Anything I need to update in my trust?

Not with my trust. We associate attorneys all over the US. You do have to worry about almost all other attorneys' trusts because they are only local.

Dean, you review Florida trust law before you write a Georgia trust for a Georgia client who, at that time, doesn't announce any plans to move to any other state?
No Florida law review and analysis is necessary because Florida law, and the law of every other state, was already considered in your trust?
I'm not being argumentative-- I'm really trying to understand your response to TJW's question.

Dean, you review Florida trust law before you write a Georgia trust for a Georgia client who, at that time, doesn't announce any plans to move to any other state?
No Florida law review and analysis is necessary because Florida law, and the law of every other state, was already considered in your trust?
I'm not being argumentative-- I'm really trying to understand your response to TJW's question.

It's a little more complex and convoluted than that. The easiest explanation is, we associate an attorney in Florida. Therefore, we are barred in Florida at all times by association.

Back
Top Bottom