• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a night time predator getter setup

rbstern

Hen of Fame Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
Coyotes have been encroaching on our property. Also think a fox has a den nearby. We lost two ducks and two chickens over the last week.

The wife and I sat out with rifles a few evenings around dusk, at strategic positions, but the chance that the predator(s) will wander into our sights is probably small. I believe it's going to take some dedicated night hunting to solve the immediate threat.

I have a Ruger Ranch in 300BLK, along with a suppressor that is 300BLK subsonic rated. Also have what I need to load subsonic rounds in that caliber.

What I don't have is any night vision capability.

Don't want/need ultimate gear. Just enough to spot and accurately shoot a predator at 50 to 100 yards. And, wondering if I need some type of electronic distress call to help lure in the perpetrators?

Any input appreciated.

If the threat can be seen from house get a reveal trail cam and a red lens spot light.
If within 40-50 yards a Turkey choke in a 12 guage with 3” heavy 4,5,6 will work
When cam sends pic have wife hold light and boom about as cheap as I know that will get the job done
Or use the blackout if you need it quite.

Back
Top Bottom