• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need scope suggestions please

hoochfisher

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
21   1
Reaction score
Need a scope for my son's CMP 22LR competition build.

-Preferably under $500
-Need lightest weight possible as i have to stay under 7.5 pounds total, so nothing huge and heavy.
-Need parallax adjustments at 25 and 50 yards, and beyond.
-Need turret wind/elev adjustment, or at least freely adjustable by smaller hands.

Any suggestions?

What's the max range and what is the current gun weight? Sounds like lpvo might fit the bill. Most target scopes in reasonable mag ranges are gonna be in the 2lb neighborhood. Bushnell match pro or vortex strike eagles etc.

Leupold made an 11.5oz 3-9x with adjustable objective. Hafta find it on ebay, etc. Is there a magnification limit?

Since you mentioned a budgetary limit, I'd suggest considering 4-H BB if the someone with smaller hands is under 15yo.

Need a scope for my son's CMP 22LR competition build.

-Preferably under $500
-Need lightest weight possible as i have to stay under 7.5 pounds total, so nothing huge and heavy.
-Need parallax adjustments at 25 and 50 yards, and beyond.
-Need turret wind/elev adjustment, or at least freely adjustable by smaller hands.

Any suggestions?
Slightly off-topic, but I'd encourage you to get him a first focal plane scope, and hold for elevation and wind versus dialing, when possible.

whatever you get make sure it cost more than the gun or you will be tarred and feathered by the ODT elite......jk. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom