• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New level of Millennialism!!!

jaybees

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
13   1
Reaction score
1st Little league scrimmage game last night. My son's the catcher so I hang in the dugout to help him get all of his catchers gear on/off during innings just to help keep the pace of the game up. We've got 13 kids on our team so on defense, I have 4 kids that sit out. I thought I'd teach them the "hey batter batter swing" chant just to keep them entertained while riding the pine. 1st inning I noticed some of the opposing players parents making smirks and kinda shaking their heads. When we did it to the 1st batter of the second inning, I noticed one of the parents walk over to the dugout and speak to their coach.....who then called time and walked out to the ump on the pitching machine. Well long story short, the ump came over and reprimanded me and told me to stop or I would be asked to leave the park. Now is that some B.S. or what. Would like the opinions of the younger parents because I'm 43 and the oldest dad amongst this group of 9-10 year olds. That's just some of the fun stuff we used to do to make sitting on the bench a little less boring.

The snowflakes can’t handle it. Screw them and the ump. Must be a Y league. I’m old school. I taught my players that if you accepted loosing and making mistakes that you were just a loser. Try to be better every play. I thought that was a good life lesson but even 30 years ago there were snowflakes that thought it should just be for fun and not even keep score.

Winners win, losers become democrats.

1st Little league scrimmage game last night. My son's the catcher so I hang in the dugout to help him get all of his catchers gear on/off during innings just to help keep the pace of the game up. We've got 13 kids on our team so on defense, I have 4 kids that sit out. I thought I'd teach them the "hey batter batter swing" chant just to keep them entertained while riding the pine. 1st inning I noticed some of the opposing players parents making smirks and kinda shaking their heads. When we did it to the 1st batter of the second inning, I noticed one of the parents walk over to the dugout and speak to their coach.....who then called time and walked out to the ump on the pitching machine. Well long story short, the ump came over and reprimanded me and told me to stop or I would be asked to leave the park. Now is that some B.S. or what. Would like the opinions of the younger parents because I'm 43 and the oldest dad amongst this group of 9-10 year olds. That's just some of the fun stuff we used to do to make sitting on the bench a little less boring.
But did the KIDS quit? ;)

Back
Top Bottom