• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Northeast GA: Best place/price to get rifle threaded?

nicholas_wb

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
8   0
Reaction score
I have a Marlin XT-22 in 22 LR that I want to get threaded. It's a 12-14 year old rifle that was made back when Marlin rifles were hit or miss, but for whatever reason, shoots incredibly well. Section 8 Armament says they'll do it for $125 if disassembled, and charge an extra $50 to disassemble. It's my understanding that disassembly is just a few screws but I wanted to throw that out there in case anyone reads this later and wants to know their cost. Is $125 about right? It sounded good to me but I just wanted to ask around.

I have a Marlin XT-22 in 22 LR that I want to get threaded. It's a 12-14 year old rifle that was made back when Marlin rifles were hit or miss, but for whatever reason, shoots incredibly well. Section 8 Armament says they'll do it for $125 if disassembled, and charge an extra $50 to disassemble. It's my understanding that disassembly is just a few screws but I wanted to throw that out there in case anyone reads this later and wants to know their cost. Is $125 about right? It sounded good to me but I just wanted to ask around.
section 8 does good work but they have a decent lead time

Comp & Choke in Hiltonia Ga charges $150 cash to thread a barrel AND put a muzzle brake on. I don’t know what they charge just for the threading. Give them a call 912-829-3936
I’ve had them thread and put a brake on 4 rifles they do nice work. One rifle they took apart and reassembled and didn’t charge me for it.

Back
Top Bottom