• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ONew way to Speedload a revolver

Oh, indeed they were. Solid frame cap and ball wheel guns. Not open top Colts, but they had a ball seating lever under the barrel and one of them was brass frame.
Considering that this is happening in a different world and is pure fantasy, I would say that it's okay for his weapon to look similar to a cap and ball and still take brass cartridges and a moon clip.

I'm as hard or harder than most gun folks on firearms mistakes in movies and TV shows, but when it's not supposed to be realistic it gets a pass and I just enjoy the show. It's called "suspension of reality", so lighten up, Francis.

Oh, indeed they were. Solid frame cap and ball wheel guns. Not open top Colts, but they had a ball seating lever under the barrel and one of them was brass frame.

Screenshot from 2017-07-25 16:21:34.png

Yep. Remingtons. Could argue they were cartridge conversions but still. Would have been cooler if he had just swapped cylinders.

Not all cartridge conversions have/had the seating lever removed, in case you wanted to swap the BP cylinder back in. So the cartridges can be explained.
Where the real failure is the shot of loading of 6 at once since it has a gate (as seen in earlier shot), not a break top or hand ejector.

Not all cartridge conversions have/had the seating lever removed, in case you wanted to swap the BP cylinder back in. So the cartridges can be explained.
Where the real failure is the shot of loading of 6 at once since it has a gate (as seen in earlier shot), not a break top or hand ejector.

Not a conversion, it was a cartoon. Watch how he flips the cylinder open like a modern revolver, except there is no crane to hold the cylinder.

Back
Top Bottom