• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Outdoor Speakers for a deck

TacticalMountaineer

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
103   0
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good set of speakers for a deck? I am looking to finish up my backyard and with my fire pit going, would like some music with it. I am not looking for anything special like Bose but something I can leave outside and also connect my phone to.

Bose outdoor. They are a bit pricey, but sound great and have a fantastic warranty.

My family had some that were attached to a boat house down in Fl that were damaged during a hurricane. We kayaked around and found then a few days later sitting in the bay down in the salt water. We plugged them in and they both still worked but were very beat up. Took them back to the Bose store and they exchanged them no questions asked.

I just picked up a couple of Ecostone speakers at Costco that are waterproof and sound really good for $69 each. Bluetooth hookup is strong and controls on the speaker too.
They have a 12 hr battery, can mount or hang from a carabineer.

Bose or check out what Sonos may have to offer. I hate everything Bose except their outdoor speakers. Coming from an ht installer with 10 years of experience but I've been out of the loop for 3-4 years so I'm sure a lot has changed.

Do you have the speaker wiring on the deck? Problem with stand-alone speakers is that they require an amp to drive them, which means unless you have a volume control outside, you can only control the volume from the amp. And if you want to plug in your phone, you have to do so at the amp. Unless your amp has a bluetooth feature, or you get a bluetooth module for your amp. Then you can control the volume from your phone.

I saw this at Costco recently and thought it looked pretty cool. Sounded decent too. It's wireless and A/C powered, plus it has bluetooth. It can be wheeled out/away.

http://m.costco.com/ION-Block-Rocker-Bluetooth-Portable-Speaker-System.product.100215941.html

Back
Top Bottom