• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Plumbers advice needed- toilet tank flap Q

Many toilet tank flappers are adjustable;
they have a hollow chamber in them and a little sliding cover that you can turn to adjust how fast it sinks, thanks to different sized holes that you will expose the water and air to.

That changes how long it will stay up, & how fast it will close the flow of water from the tank to the bowl.

If you wanted to be cheap and economize on your water bill you set it one way.

If you want a powerful flush that'll drag a Los Angeles class submarine down ...
turn the cover the other way.

Many toilet tank flappers are adjustable;
they have a hollow chamber in them and a little sliding cover that you can turn to adjust how fast it sinks, thanks to different sized holes that you will expose the water and air to.

That changes how long it will stay up, & how fast it will close the flow of water from the tank to the bowl.

If you wanted to be cheap and economize on your water bill you set it one way.

If you want a powerful flush that'll drag a Los Angeles class submarine down ...
turn the cover the other way.

Thanks, I have company coming over soon. I'll want the full Clermont Lounge Hoover vacuum suction effect! Forget the economy crap.

I have 1 Toto that I added a counter weight to the flapper to make it shut slower. I also have a pressure assist toilet in the guest bath that sounds like a jet engine when it empties. This toilet has a long run to the main and I didn't want to worry. Pretty sure it might shoot a small animal to the street.

Back
Top Bottom