POS Mossberg for sale CHEAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugerfan1

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
22   0
Reaction score
I have a never fired Mossberg Maverick 8 shot HD with pistol grip purchased (from a dealer brand new) two weeks ago. Problem is tonight I finally got around to messing with it and realized the shells would not go in, the folower is stuck so like an idiot I tried to take the tube off which as ive been told is an impossiblity. So not not only does the follower not work but I mangled and dented the tube a bit.

Im just so tired of gun manufactures giving us **** products, its like quality control has no meaning, I mean how do you let a shotgun go out the door that won't even accept shells in the tube. Im not even going to put it back together, come get this son of a ***** out of my house and you can have it for 100.00. If you think you can get the tube off (good luck) you can order a new tube from Midway for 29.00. I just don't have the willpower to even try, im done with Mossberg all together.

I can post pics of the pile of parts if you like.

Gun is SPM

Last edited:
I bought a mariner years ago that right out of the box wouldn't chamber shells. Replaced it with a 500a that after a few rounds I noticed a pin in the bolt was improperly seated and it cut a shallow grove in the side of the reciever. Sent it back to mossberg for a bolt replacement and it came back from the factory with different wood on it. The oiled walnut furniture it was sent with had been replaced with crap. Mossberg was unwilling to address the issue.
In all fairness I still have 3 500/590's and haven't had any trouble in the 20+ years years I've had at least one of them.
I'm still half tempted to pick-up this one for parts!

I sent them a dirty email letting them know what I thought about thier quality control so I am waiting for a response. Won't matter though I know they are going to say send it in (at my expense). Funny how it will cost me for thier mistake, I would rather take the 100.00 and wash my hands with this.

BTW gun is put back together, everything still works you just can't load shells into the tube still. You can however load individual shells into the chamber and have a nice 100.00 single shot 12 ga lol.

Last edited:
Is the follower plastic or aluminum? The reason I am asking is because single piece magazine tubes tend to be the most reliable there are. I only have limited knowledge when it comes to Mossbergs. If it were a Remington, well you would be completely screwed because the magazine tube doesn't come off. But I could have helped you work out your failure to feed problem prior to you taking the hammer of Thor to your gun. :) One thing I have seen a lot with plastic followers is out of spec followers that can jam in the tube and cause feed problems. I have also seen feed problems with some dummy and training rounds too. So when you are doing a function test those types rounds can give you a false positive that there is something wrong when really the only problem is the dummy round you are using.

Last edited:
Follower is aluminum.

Is the follower plastic or aluminum? The reason I am asking is because single piece magazine tubes tend to be the most reliable there are. I only have limited knowledge when it comes to Mossbergs. If it were a Remington, well you would be completely screwed because the magazine tube doesn't come off. But I could have helped you work out your failure to feed problem prior to you taking the hammer of Thor to your gun. :) One thing I have seen a lot with plastic followers is out of spec followers that can jam in the tube and cause feed problems. I have also seen feed problems with some dummy and training rounds too. So when you are doing a function test those types rounds can give you a false positive that there is something wrong when really the only problem is the dummy round you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom