• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for anyone who’s changed a ceiling fan that’s 25’ in the air

Just1more

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Retired
220   0
Reaction score
My wifey decided she didn’t like the living room ceiling fan in our new-to-us home. The roof in that room is near 25’ where the fan hangs (A-framed type ceiling). I’ve hung many fans over the years but none this high up. Typically the wiring runs up through the down rod and connects at the ceiling base. (It would be nice if it had connections at the bottom of the down rod vs the top). What’s the best way to safely get up top to take it down?

That is a 900 lb. piece of equipment.

This is one of those jobs where you're probably better off calling a large electrical contractor (someone large enough to have the ladder/scaffold, etc.) By the time you rent it and risk your life, they'll probably be cheaper.
Well crap. I looked for a weight but didn’t see it. I may just Have to call a contractor.

Unless you can get a lot of use out of the lift for other tasks, I’d say pay someone to do it. I recently had a ceiling fan installed on a ~20ft ceiling and I paid about $175, which was cheaper than rental lift. They used a 20ft A-frame ladder.

Back
Top Bottom