• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Road trip with the in-laws Part 87

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
Taking a long weekend in Blue Ridge. In-laws coming with.

So the choices are ride with the in-laws and hope we don't die in a fiery crash or get shot by a road-rage driver bc my FIL is a terrible driver, or we can take our car. We opt to take our SUV. Since I know how this trip is likely to go, I'm not driving. It's better that way for all involved lol...

2.5 hours in, we're an hour and a half behind due to highway construction and accidents. So we stop for snacks and restrooms.

We finally all get back in the car, FIL is making squeaky noises with his straw and at this point I already feel like I'm in a pressure cooker. I look over at my wife and I can tell she's feeling frazzled.

MIL: Stop squeaking your straw!

FIL: "I'm just trying to get it to the bottom, past all the ice!"

30 seconds later: "My cup is leaking!!"

Because he pushed the straw through the styrofoam cup. And we're already on the interstate by this point. Ever rode shotgun on the interstate with a frazzled female driver and someone in the backseat leaking a 32oz fountain drink all over everything in a car full of people??? Yeah.

Later on, traffic is still terrible on the interstate. I punch in the GPS. MIL behind me for some reason punches in her GPS as well, so now we're driving and I'm listening to 2 GPS's talking and giving 2 different directions, my wife driving and not knowing which one to listen to, or listen to me or listen to her mother. I finally told her listen to me, I'm looking at the map on my screen! But we could still keep hearing the other GPS behind me bc her mom never shut hers off!

Finally made it to the destination...I'm leaving out a lot of stuff. 3.5 hour drive turned into 6 hours seat time, plus about 1.5 hours for rest stops and dinner. The Air BNB is nice. I'd have figured $400K but Zillow has it valued at a cool $1M.

We are getting up at 7 to get dressed and get breakfast. I haven't been to sleep yet bc ya know, insomnia never picks a convenient time. Maybe now that I wrote this I can get some sleep. Hoping I can have a nice relaxed day today. Dunno if it's cuz I'm getting older or bc I've been dealing with dumbasses at my job for 17 years, or if I have something else going on with me, but my patience and tolerance for certain things just ain't what it used to be!
Screenshot_20240404_184831_TikTok.jpg

Back
Top Bottom