• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rock Island Armory 2011 Tactical 1911

Proximal

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
26   0
Reaction score
This review is independent to this weapon and won't be compared to any others like it.

I picked this particular model of RIA up from an ODT member not too long ago. Here are the things I know most people take into account when looking for a quality 1911; Price,size, weight, accuracy, trigger pull, trigger creep, trigger over-travel, comfort, fit and finish. So here we go.

Price: This one is MSRP at around $650 which is incredible considering what you get.

Size: A full sized model with a 5 in barrel and a full length picatinney/dust rail. It gives it an excellent feel by adding a little weight to the front and reducing the recoil.

Weight: I'm not sure what its exact weight is but it is slightly heavier than a standard GI or Government model with the above mentioned rail.

Accuracy: After about 250 rounds it seems to hold decent groupings out to 25 yards. I'm no marksman so based on my skill level I'd say it is excellent. The sights are novak style sights and are much better than standard GI sights. There are no markings on them for quick point of aim but they still get the job done.

Trigger: The trigger pull is unbelievably light. I'd guess it is around 3.5 lbs but I'm no expert and have no measurement tools to check. There is very slight trigger creep; We are talking a 1/10th of an inch or less. It is incredible. The trigger travel is also very short and has virtually no over travel.

Comfort: This thing is very well balanced and comes with some standard wood grips. The beaver tail seems to be pretty well done and would only need modification by a perfectionist. The trigger is only slightly concave and the slide has excellent grooves. It has an ambidextrous safety which is cool if you are a lefty.

Fit and Finish: The overall fit and finish out of the box was excellent. The skeletonized hammer and trigger make this one a beauty to look at. The slide had no rattle.

Functionality: This thing is awesome. I have had some awesome times with it doing rapid fire and accuracy. After 250+ rounds there has been some slight slide rattle but it is to be expected after a break-in period. It has run every type of ammo I've fed it flawlessly.

Overall this one gets an A+.

IMG_0054.jpgIMG_0055.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the review, I just picked up one as well. I havent shot it yet, but I really like the features and the feel of it. I need to get a barrel link installed on my 16" barrel, so I can mount my carbine kit on it. Then fab up a removable forearm to slide on the full length rail. Cant wait!

Back
Top Bottom