• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Scotch Drinkers

polaris30144

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
19   0
Reaction score
I am going to a Scotch Tasting for Johnny Walker high end Scotch. I am not experienced in Scotch distillers nor the best brands or the different blends offered. They are giving me a bottle of JW Blue Label for attending. Is this a good Scotch?

polaris, I believe it to be the best that Johnnie Walker makes. Blue Label is a very good blended scotch. I lean more toward single malt. If you decide you do not like it, I would be more than willing to purchase it from you.

I am going to a Scotch Tasting for Johnny Walker high end Scotch. I am not experienced in Scotch distillers nor the best brands or the different blends offered. They are giving me a bottle of JW Blue Label for attending. Is this a good Scotch?

Johnny Walker is a blended scotch. All of their labels are bar whisky at best. Avoid all blended scotches. The distillery adds grain alcohol to get them up to proof. You need to drink a good single malt like 15 yr. Balvenie, 12 yr. Glenmorangie, Port Wood Finish or 16 yr Lagavulin.

A lot better scotch out there than Johnny walker.... I prefer the the macallan 18 or glenfiddich 12.... The Dalmore cigar malt is ****ing amazing.
I really like the Lagavulin 16 and Laphroaig Quarter cask, pretty much any Islay single malt scotch. The peaty flavor is really pronounced...I don't even put ice in it most of the time...

Johnny Walker is a blended scotch. All of their labels are bar whisky at best. Avoid all blended scotches. The distillery adds grain alcohol to get them up to proof. You need to drink a good single malt like 15 yr. Balvenie, 12 yr. Glenmorangie, Port Wood Finish or 16 yr Lagavulin.

Don't be a whisky snob. Blended scotch and single malts both have their place. One is not supposed to be a substitute for the other. Both are distinct spirits and both take equally masterful skill to craft. I say try several of both types, drink what you like, and avoid largely inaccurate generalizations about blended scotches. Cheers!

Another single malt, or bourbon vote here. Like Noah's Mill Bourbon, small batch hand made 114 proof Kentucky.

www.bourbonoftheday.com_wp_content_uploads_2014_06_noahs_millbf28bc00f8c7b2e9841a569aaac6d8950.jpg

Don't be a whisky snob. Blended scotch and single malts both have their place. One is not supposed to be a substitute for the other. Both are distinct spirits and both take equally masterful skill to craft. I say try several of both types, drink what you like, and avoid largely inaccurate generalizations about blended scotches. Cheers!

don't be a blended apologist. blended is best used with Diet Coke..........or trash can punch with the college crowd.

Back
Top Bottom