• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

stupid things anyone has asked about firearms to you

"Do you know your gun is cocked?"

In my experience, the typical military person doesn't know much about weapons.

FWIW, I've seen tankers play shoot'em up with 16's outside the armory more than once.
I've seen them use grease gun mags for levers in the motor pool.
Guys coming back from Desert Storm hid Makarovs and AK's in vehicle panels. (2/3 ACR)
Mak guy shot himself in the leg in the barracks.
AK guy (and his father) got busted for mailing an AK he smuggled back.

My liberal father in law is convinced after watching the "experts" on his news channels that a bullet does more damage if it is fired from an "assault rifle" than a regular gun. Also believes that hollow points expand on impact.
I about need a Xanax to have a conversation with him.

My liberal father in law is convinced after watching the "experts" on his news channels that a bullet does more damage if it is fired from an "assault rifle" than a regular gun. Also believes that hollow points expand on impact.
I about need a Xanax to have a conversation with him.

They don't? I thought expansion was the point of HP ammo.

On to the stupidest thing I've ever had said to me about guns. I had a guy tell me that my G33 (.357SIG) shoots a proprietary cartridge and that if I ever wanted to sell it he would give me $275 for it because no one would buy it because you can't get ammo for it. I laughed, told him I'm good, I got a few thousand rounds of .357 SIG and I can buy it whenever I need it. I guess he thought I was stupid and was trying to score a cheap Glock.

Normal hollow points and even most personal defense hollow points have Expansion yes, Expansion on impact no. Should have clarified. Figured most would know that.

This is dicing words, but when they impact something, they expand. Or at least that's what happened with my last deer. And boar. :peep:

My dumbest question was "If you don't carry one in the chamber why don't you just carry an empty gun and leave your ammo at home?"

I was debating with one of my coworkers and he said that the only gun a civilian should be allowed to have is a .22 because it was sufficient for self defense and no one needs anything greater than a .22lr. He went on to say that the 2nd amendment is outdated because the govt out guns us so rebelling against a tyrannical govt would be pointless

i work around guns and i had a gentleman come in and ask if we sold the guns that curve the flight of the bullet like the ones in wanted i laughed thinking it was a joke, he responded with what are those hard to find?..... in complete seriousness i had to explain to him the science of why thats not possible..he then responded with well you dont know if you dont ask right? :O

I have another one its not a question tho.. i once got in a debate with a guy that said its more efficient to have a gun that has a capacity of 8 rounds rather that 17 ....his words were well i can put my 8 rounds down range and reload and have another 8 coming at ya while you have 17 rounds to fire down range before you reload ! I gave no argument back but i couldnt help but laugh i still dont understand his reasoning

Back
Top Bottom