• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Teetering on The Edge

Nothing will be "the end". But, the drumbeats of world war are getting pretty damn loud. Middle East, Southeast Asia, and Eastern Europe. That's a damn trifecta.

It remains to be seen how something like another world war will effect us on the homefront this time around. We didn't have the cyberattack variable in the past. There are certainly a multitude of sleeper cells from many nationalities here with a much larger, fertile, sympathetic, and easily manipulated local populace for them to exploit.

Our population is not prepared in the least for any disruption of our easy times lifestyle. I have always been a big proponent of the "sleeping American spirit" waiting to be awakened, but recent years have created many doubts for me in that arena.

Our economy will take a massive hit. Disruption of world wide trade will be a disaster for us as we have set our economy up to be utterly dependent on other nations to provide, what are now considered, basic necessities. I have no clue how our government will help the private sector spool up domestic mining and manufacturing. Especially considering the new age politics surrounding such ventures that our politicians have to make allowances for to keep their seats.

Our beauracracies are divided into detrimental warring factions as well. But, all of those factions want to do away with constitutional limits on government and revert to "government knows best" top down power. Which we have been moving towards for generations and basically have to an extent already.

We are in debt beyond comprehension, and while our currency is still currently the best thing going, it's hanging by a thread in my humble opinion. It is a myth that war creates a boom economy. War economy only booms for countries not involved in the war and are supplying those fighting.

Too many variables to make any predictions. I feel comfortable repeating warnings I've heard in my life. Mainly, "keep your powder dry", "it's gonna get a whole lot worse before it gets better boys", "time to do the work and get born again hard", and "if you have never been shot at get ready because you will be".

In my humble opinion....It's a good time to meet, and be on good terms with, your neighbors. It's a good time to not live in a heavily populated area. It's a good time to develop the knowledge, tools, and skills involved with producing what necessities you can. It's a good time to have a store of necessities you can't produce. It's a good time to exercise and get in shape. It's a good time to know your equipment and practice all those skills that are perishable instead of considering yourself a "latent expert".

Even if nothing bad happens, none of that is going to have a negative impact on your life regardless. So, might as well take up the motivation to get on it.
You sir, are very wise. Everyone needs to listen to this man.

FBI Warns Chinese Hackers Are Poised to Hit US Infrastructure Anytime With ‘Devastating Blow’

‘Its plan is to land low blows against civilian infrastructure to try to induce panic,’ FBI Director Christopher Wray said.

An ongoing Chinese hacking campaign known as Volt Typhoon has burrowed into numerous U.S. companies in various critical sectors including telecommunications, energy, and water, with 23 pipeline operators targeted, Mr. Wray said.

Back
Top Bottom