• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The AK47 Discussion Thread

Dumb question alert...........

I've never owned anything outside of handguns and a few shotguns, so an AK is something I'd like to get with the coming year. Here's the thing though, what's the difference between a 47 and a 74 and which "economical" brands of AKs are out there that are reliable, but won't break the bank (having to save up for a wedding this year as well).
47= 7.62x39
74= 5.45x39

I like 308, but the 762x39 is so much cheaper to shoot.And the mags are cheap and plentiful, as are parts.

Where can you get upgraded wood for AK's?

ahh my kind of thread.
To say the least

I have a Bulgarian Arsenal SLR107F, Milled Norinco MAK90 converted, fully converted Russian Saiga 7.62, Hungarian AMD 65, Ewbank Hungarian Pistol, Polish Underfolder, and a Romanian WASR.

Dislikes: Price of a Polytech
Preferred Rifle: Probably the AMD 65. It's short, light, has a folding stock, and easy to maneuver.
Accessories: See my avatar.
Milled VS Stamped: Stamped, my milled Norinco is the only one that won't feed HP's
Furniture: Wood by far.

i69.photobucket.com_albums_i66_chrispadge_Photo016.jpg

i69.photobucket.com_albums_i66_chrispadge_IMG_1150.jpg

i69.photobucket.com_albums_i66_chrispadge_IMG_1177.jpg

i69.photobucket.com_albums_i66_chrispadge_IMG_1171.jpg

i69.photobucket.com_albums_i66_chrispadge_IMG_1161.jpg

i69.photobucket.com_albums_i66_chrispadge_IMG_1102.jpg

i69.photobucket.com_albums_i66_chrispadge_IMG_1100.jpg

Forgot to mention. I hate everything tapco. Wood only for me please. Not a fan of optics on an ak either. Illbsave the plastic and glass for my ARs. Wood and Steel only on my AK please.

You must not have seen the Timbersmith stocks from TAPCO. I would've agreed until they came out with them.

Last edited:
I have a Bulgarian Arsenal SLR107F, Milled Norinco MAK90 converted, fully converted Russian Saiga 7.62, Hungarian AMD 65, Ewbank Hungarian Pistol, Polish Underfolder, and a Romanian WASR.

Dislikes: Price of a Polytech
Preferred Rifle: Probably the AMD 65. It's short, light, has a folding stock, and easy to maneuver.
Accessories: See my avatar.
Milled VS Stamped: Stamped, my milled Norinco is the only one that won't feed HP's
Furniture: Wood by far.

You must not have seen the Timbersmith stocks from TAPCO. I would've agreed until they came out with them.

Post that pic of your gun...I'm too lazy to look for it. I might consider it [Timbersmith[ now that I'll finally be getting one. Oh yeah post pics of cassidy's piercing too ;) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom