• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
Picked this up recently and just cracked it open tonight. On my second pour now and I'm liking it. I think I'd rate it as my 4th favorite bourbon I've tried so far. It's really good, but it's not quite beating out any of my top 3 from Old Forester.

PXL_20240303_033317510.jpg

I’m heading to Buffalo Trace this weekend. Gonna go to one more distillery while we’re in town, probably just to a gift shop, not another tour. 4 Roses or Wild Turkey? Just looking to pick up bottles at that point…..

Also, how long should I plan on standing in line at BT? My tour isn’t till 2:30.

Let me know if you like it. I’v e never tried the black label. I was shocked at how much I disliked the 93 proof though.
So for sure not the best I have ever had but not the worst probably would not buy agian. When I compare it to Michters or Ellijah Craig toasted it just doesn’t stand up but these are pretty spot on for the tasting notes
Nose: Caramel, vanilla, spearmint, Juicy Fruit gum, baking spices, and oak.

Mouth: A nice peppery spiciness on the first sip. Beyond that are notes of cinnamon, black pepper, vanilla, caramel, and oak.

Finish: Sweet and spicy and of medium length. Notes of honey, vanilla, black pepper, black tea, cinnamon, and oak.

I’m heading to Buffalo Trace this weekend. Gonna go to one more distillery while we’re in town, probably just to a gift shop, not another tour. 4 Roses or Wild Turkey? Just looking to pick up bottles at that point…..

Also, how long should I plan on standing in line at BT? My tour isn’t till 2:30.
I'd do wt. Good chance of chatting with a Russell

heaven hill and michters both do a good bit of gift shop drops

Back
Top Bottom