• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
I’m heading to Buffalo Trace this weekend. Gonna go to one more distillery while we’re in town, probably just to a gift shop, not another tour. 4 Roses or Wild Turkey? Just looking to pick up bottles at that point…..

Also, how long should I plan on standing in line at BT? My tour isn’t till 2:30.
If you are staying in Louisville the Michters bottle your own is really neat but it’s not offered every day. The old forester elevated tasting is definitely worth doing if you have time. PM me if you have any questions

My latest pickups.
PXL_20240309_020812567.jpg

The Pursuit was traded to me. It's ok, but not something I'd have ever bought and definitely won't buy now. I'd still prefer it over over any of the Buffalo Trace stuff I've had.

The Moonrise Distillery is fairly good, but I think it could be exceptional if it had another 3-5 yrs of age to it.

The Russell's Reserve is very good. Not quite good enough to be my number 1 go-to, but I'll definitely keep a bottle around. I really want to try the single barrel, but figured I'd get the cheaper one first to see if I even liked that one.

I didn't really buy the Booker's for me, I just couldn't pass it up at the price I found it at, especially considering what I've heard and read about this particular batch. I will, of course, get to sample it, but must wait until the brother I bought it for decides to open it. I've had Booker's before but it was a bottle my brother bought 15-20 yrs ago. Looking up the batch number online, that particular one was bottled in 2004. I wasn't really a fan, but I didn't hate it. I also wasn't into bourbon at all at that time.

My latest pickups. View attachment 6982960

The Pursuit was traded to me. It's ok, but not something I'd have ever bought and definitely won't buy now. I'd still prefer it over over any of the Buffalo Trace stuff I've had.

The Moonrise Distillery is fairly good, but I think it could be exceptional if it had another 3-5 yrs of age to it.

The Russell's Reserve is very good. Not quite good enough to be my number 1 go-to, but I'll definitely keep a bottle around. I really want to try the single barrel, but figured I'd get the cheaper one first to see if I even liked that one.

I didn't really buy the Booker's for me, I just couldn't pass it up at the price I found it at, especially considering what I've heard and read about this particular batch. I will, of course, get to sample it, but must wait until the brother I bought it for decides to open it. I've had Booker's before but it was a bottle my brother bought 15-20 yrs ago. Looking up the batch number online, that particular one was bottled in 2004. I wasn't really a fan, but I didn't hate it. I also wasn't into bourbon at all at that time.

I too picked up a bottle of "mighty fine batch" recently. Have yet to open it but it's getting great reviews

Just picked this up the other day at Total Wine. I think it was mislabeled because I got it for $45. Excited to crack it open with my father in law this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_4694.jpeg
    IMG_4694.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 21
Just picked this up the other day at Total Wine. I think it was mislabeled because I got it for $45. Excited to crack it open with my father in law this weekend.
Look like Total Wine price tags. Great price on it, hope you enjoy it

Back
Top Bottom