• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info
My most recent pickups.
PXL_20240315_034610447.jpg

I was really disappointed with the Cooper's. Heard good things and it's a Brown-Foreman product, so I had expected to like it since I like most of their stuff I've had. Unfortunately, I don't like this one very much, if at all. May wait a couple weeks and see if it gets any better. I don't hate it, just don't really like it so far.

The Knob Creek surprised me, saw it cheaper than most places I've seen and never had any KC before. Wasn't sure about it from what I've seen online about the flavor profile, but I actually enjoyed it.

Peerless is one I've had a hard time finding until today. I'd see the Rye here and there, but never the bourbon and it seems finding the double oak one is about as difficult as finding 13th Colony's. I was really only wanting the DO, but realized I wasn't seeing the regular single barrel bourbon anywhere either. I was a bit shocked to find this in 3 different stores in Cumming after work today. I figured if I can't get the double oaked I can least try this. There is something in the flavor profile that I can't pick out that keeps it from taking a spot in my top 5 bourbons, but just barely. It's still a really good bottle. Very smooth with a nice long finish.

Had a hard time deciding to walk away from a $35 bottle of Russell's Reserve 10yr a couple days ago, but still quite a few things on my list to try and my liquor cabinet is already pretty full.

My most recent pickups.
View attachment 7008384

I was really disappointed with the Cooper's. Heard good things and it's a Brown-Foreman product, so I had expected to like it since I like most of their stuff I've had. Unfortunately, I don't like this one very much, if at all. May wait a couple weeks and see if it gets any better. I don't hate it, just don't really like it so far.

The Knob Creek surprised me, saw it cheaper than most places I've seen and never had any KC before. Wasn't sure about it from what I've seen online about the flavor profile, but I actually enjoyed it.

Peerless is one I've had a hard time finding until today. I'd see the Rye here and there, but never the bourbon and it seems finding the double oak one is about as difficult as finding 13th Colony's. I was really only wanting the DO, but realized I wasn't seeing the regular single barrel bourbon anywhere either. I was a bit shocked to find this in 3 different stores in Cumming after work today. I figured if I can't get the double oaked I can least try this. There is something in the flavor profile that I can't pick out that keeps it from taking a spot in my top 5 bourbons, but just barely. It's still a really good bottle. Very smooth with a nice long finish.

Had a hard time deciding to walk away from a $35 bottle of Russell's Reserve 10yr a couple days ago, but still quite a few things on my list to try and my liquor cabinet is already pretty full.

i've been dying to try both the double oak bourbon and the double oak rye from peerless

Back
Top Bottom