The phantom wet spot

images.jpeg

Is the leak before the water meter? Could be the main coming into meter so you aren't seeing an increase in your bill. If that is the case it is on the utility company to fix.

even a low water bill may not show a slow water leak. Open the meter box after you’ve ensured all your water inside is turned off and check the little triangle on the gauge to see if it is moving. Even the slightest movement will show a leak somewhere.
^ shut off the main valve in the house - in case there are leaks in the walls too

No.

Not that I'm aware of. Nothing above it but clear blue sky.

Also, I just paid my water bill. $22. I don't think it's a leaking pipe
Was that bill for the readings in the past few weeks? Usually utility bills are a month behind. Next months bill could have a surprise. Because if that's clean non smelly water then it's most likely a water leak.

One other possibility. Not sure how your neighborhood is laid out or if you have houses behind you on another street or even another neighborhood. An old neighborhood I lived in years ago backed up to another neighborhood. One of my neighbors on the outside of the loop found a supply pipe running through his backyard. county engineers verified it went from our street to the house opposite his in the other neighborhood.

Was that bill for the readings in the past few weeks? Usually utility bills are a month behind. Next months bill could have a surprise. Because if that's clean non smelly water then it's most likely a water leak.

Been like this for several months but I've just been ignoring it and only posted a thread about it today. It doesn't seem to be bothering anything and my water bills are always around $20.

I should also add that this is a rental house and if it's not an immediate issue then it falls into the "not my fking problem" category.

Back
Top Bottom