• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Warning Points

Can we get clarification on where to put a thread? I'm asking bc I've legitimately given thought to some threads I've started and put it in where I thought it SHOULD go, only to get it moved and get a warning.

Like a news link getting moved from News Links to Hot Topics, etc.

Point is, some of us are trying to follow the rules and getting warnings anyway. I haven't gotten any points but the warnings are irritating when the thread could just be moved and nothing needs to be said.
hallelujah-glory.gif

Getting high on power is just as addictive as heroin. We have seen Plenty of history on what power does to people with less that stellar intentions.
Okuma has wanted the public side of the site to stay fairly light and friendly with no controversy, as we have members with varying opinions and backgrounds.
He placed the politics section where people like me and you that want to see/discuss political, religious or even a little skin can do so.
For whatever reason we do have members here that assume that the 10,000,000 other places on the internet is not visible enough for our members and have to have a thread in the public sections. Usually a few already in politics.

Look guys, sometime during one of the upgrades, (I don’t think anyone noticed it when it happened), the notifications started saying you received a “warning” but if you look at the notification it is only a reminder. If you don’t look closer that can be confusing and irritating.

Reminders are canned responses to common mistakes, if we had to type out a PM each time we did something to manage the site, we would have to be on here full time. We are all unpaid volunteers and I for one just don’t have time for that.

Can we get clarification on where to put a thread? I'm asking bc I've legitimately given thought to some threads I've started and put it in where I thought it SHOULD go, only to get it moved and get a warning.

Like a news link getting moved from News Links to Hot Topics, etc.

Point is, some of us are trying to follow the rules and getting warnings anyway. I haven't gotten any points but the warnings are irritating when the thread could just be moved and nothing needs to be said.
I've learned, if you think the tread may get controversial in the future, best just to place it in Hot Topics to start.

Look guys, sometime during one of the upgrades, (I don’t think anyone noticed it when it happened), the notifications started saying you received a “warning” but if you look at the notification it is only a reminder. If you don’t look closer that can be confusing and irritating.

Reminders are canned responses to common mistakes, if we had to type out a PM each time we did something to manage the site, we would have to be on here full time. We are all unpaid volunteers and I for one just don’t have time for that.
Y'all need a better union.

Back
Top Bottom