well my car just got inpounded

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoochfisher

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
21   1
Reaction score
my wife wanted to go somewhere to watch fireworks since it was the first time she was off for the 4th. we had planned on staying home since we thought it would be to hot for our 9 month old. well, when it turned out not to be we decided to go to stone mountain for thier laser show and fireworks. we never made it. here's why:

at the end of last july the car we drove tonight had the transmission go out in it. we didnt have the money to fix it so it sat for a while. i cancelled the tag and insurance on it since there is no point in paying for something you cant use. it sat untill febuary this year. i put a transmission in it. had the insurance reinstated and bought a new tag. everything is legal right? NO.

we are on 78 on the way to stone mountain park and plan to stop at the QT for gas and water. when we top the hill where the QT is there were two snellville cops sitting on the side of 78 facing QT. we turn in and they dart across in behind us and pull up in the stores parking spaces. i start the gas pump and go inside. as i come out the cops are leaving. but one goes across the street to a drug store. i leave qt the cop at the drug store pulls in right behind me. we turn on 78 and get about half a mile and he lights us up. man i was pissed. my car is legal, we are in seatbelts, son is in his car seat, not speeding, not drinking, not doing anything. the car is a yellow dodge neon with a body kit and wheels and that set up. so at first i thought i was just going to get harassed and them hope they got something. i was MAD. so we pull over and i believe he already knew there might be a weapon on me because he walked up VERY slow on the passenger side staring directly at me. i know they sometimes aproach from that side if there is a safety issue from traffic but i pulled over in a parking lot, so that couldnt be it. any way, with me fumming he says i pulled you over today because when you turned into QT my auto tag reader said your registration is suspended. well, i went from mad to WTF? in an instant. and that was the first thing i said. he asked if we missed a insurance payment and i told we have had the same proggressive policy since the day we bought the car in 02/2004 and started the policy at the dealership and never had a lapse. i have the current tag sticker on the car, and a valid class AM licsense. he told me to wait. while i'm sitting there still going WTF? he called progressive and they told him the same thing. he came back and told me they verified that info and he didnt know why it showed the tag suspended and that he had to inpound the car. thats when it hit me the tag office must have screwed up when i had the car fixed this year and supposedly got everything legal again. i told him about that situation. but it didnt make a differance of course. car was still being towed. so me, my wife and my son have to scramble to find someone to come get us from the side of the road. nice huh?

it turned out the cop was actually very nice and cut me a break. of course the car had to be imounded and i got the no reg. ticket. but he told me it didnt have to go to an impound lot and i could have it towed anywhere i want. he just had to see it leave on a tow truck. cool! and if i remember right, he could have taken me to jail for it as well(been a while since i looked that law up). i was going to have it towed the 23.7 miles home, but that would have been $183 and some change! no thanks. i already cant afford any what was happening. so i had it towed to QT about a mile down the street since my wife has worked for QT since before we bought the car and i knew it would be ok there. that cost $95!!! $05 for a one mile tow! horse hockey! but i had no choice.

and of course the tag office is closed tomorow. they had to screw up at the tag office when i bought the tag in febaury and not do something right on the computer system. i would love to have the tag office give me my $95 back but what a fat chance in hell that is. all i know they better not try to get me to pay a dime when the tag office opens thursday.

I hate those dam auto tag readers. They should need a "legal" reason to run my plates. Bring on the LEO hater comments.

Sorry you got screwed man, hopefully it will get fixed Thursday.

If it was a Snellville city cop the only guy with tag readers is my best friend. He is really a great guy just like everyone else he has a job to do.

I hate those dam auto tag readers. They should need a "legal" reason to run my plates. Bring on the LEO hater comments.

Sorry you got screwed man, hopefully it will get fixed Thursday.

1984. Big brother is watching even when he ain't watching.

Oh, and you are a damn LEO hater ;)

If it was a Snellville city cop the only guy with tag readers is my best friend. He is really a great guy just like everyone else he has a job to do.

it was. i'm not a bit mad at him. i was at first though. i thought he was just screwing with me till he told me about the tag reader thing. thats why i said he turned out to be a nice guy.

i dont hate cops at all. i actually wouldnt mind being one myself. i was just venting about the whole deal.

oh! and tell him thank you for not taking it to the impound lot! that would have cost me more for the storage till thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom