• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well Solvent traps are getting more interesting

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
So we all saw the solvent traps made by Cadiz gun works or whatever they are called and we all knew they were really just ways to make a silencer illegally.

Now I thought the same thing until my gun room got moved to an indoors room and not a garage where I could practically mop the floors in CLP, but I've yet to buy one and have sufficed with rags on the ground to catch oil and such each time I clean. How I suffer under these terrible conditions, only god knows.

Just kidding it's tequila that pulls me through

so this was pointed out to me, and it seems that people have taken some research into the art of solvent traps and made some more threadings for guns that could use the amazing cleanliness qualities these filters provide.

Here is the Mr. Blackcarsandhelicoptersfollowme's web page
http://www.gunthreadadapters.com/custimg.html
A nice quote on his preferred, but not only method of payment
I strongly recommend just sticking some cash in an envelope and keeping your mouth and keyboard shut. I presume all contact is from Guv agencies.
But he does make these from billet steel which is more than most of the ebay ones can say

Especially interesting is the adapter for the large threading on a Mac or MPA. Oil filters have about 98% of the same engineering and knowledge put into their use on guns as the old Sionic suppressors that came on Mac's, approximately none made up for by huge volume cans.

Sionic
mac_m11_9sl.jpg

Cleaning tool (Don't you fire this or you and your 14" shoe string are going straight to jail!)
cust0009.jpg

Spray paint that filter black and you could seriously confuse someone.

Here's his description of it
This filter is huge and weighs several pounds. is it practical? Is it even reasonable? No. The 1R-0749 is huge. Would it be remarkably effective? Probably. From a suppresive standpoint, it might ber the perfect thing for .300 Blackout, or .338 Whisper.

I have to wonder how quickly one of these become a bomb if it is attached to a 308 without a hole drilled in it to release pressure. He does allude to the use of the big can on a 308 so It made me think someone is going to get shrapnel to the face when they go to shoot the hole in the end and their face looks like hamburger. Sure would be interesting to see a 7/02 torture test these filters.

Lastly, he also seems to have found a filter that looks hilariously like a silencer, but for some crazy reason he refuses to make an adapter for it? I mean really your flirting with disaster already just go balls to the wall.
img4216.jpg
24004.jpg

I would have to wonder that IF you were to stuff cash into an envelope and IF you were to receive one would or COULD you ever get popped for buying a "supressor" if he was ever busted by the feds.

I wonder, because, he seems to be all about secrecy and if he is, does he keep sales records ANYWHERE? I think that the gov't would get him for tax evasion if he isn't and not reporting the income. Then through the "investigation" for the tax issue they would almost certainly stumble upon the supressor functionality of what he is selling. In the worst case do you think they could track down who the buyers were via shipping receipts or whatever and prosecute folks?

I would have to wonder that IF you were to stuff cash into an envelope and IF you were to receive one would or COULD you ever get popped for buying a "supressor" if he was ever busted by the feds.

I wonder, because, he seems to be all about secrecy and if he is, does he keep sales records ANYWHERE? I think that the gov't would get him for tax evasion if he isn't and not reporting the income. Then through the "investigation" for the tax issue they would almost certainly stumble upon the supressor functionality of what he is selling. In the worst case do you think they could track down who the buyers were via shipping receipts or whatever and prosecute folks?

No its all legal until you intentionally use the oil filter for a suppressor, or if they can prove you did intend to use it as such.

But for some reason thread to coke bottle adapters have not received the same courtesy by the ATF. They determined the adapter was the suppressor in that case and the bottle was the wipe(since it's plastic that would make sense unlike the metal of an oil filter), unlike the oil filter where they seem to have decided it isn't a silencer until you shoot a hole in it.

Last edited:
Hmm fine line I gues
registered adapter=$200
solvent trap=$40

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Osprey smoke like that when you shoot it?
No but I don't run mine wet. Those oil filters have holes in the back that it comes back out of too and I'm guessing oil which burns up and smokes.

Also can't come friday, the GF is graduating and I've got to go sit through that lovely affair.

No but I don't run mine wet. Those oil filters have holes in the back that it comes back out of too and I'm guessing oil which burns up and smokes.

Also can't come friday, the GF is graduating and I've got to go sit through that lovely affair.

10-4 My plans have been a little mucked too. Going to be later than lunch.

Back
Top Bottom