• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What type of permit do I need that will allow me to carry in all states?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linebacker

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
144   0
Reaction score
I am a traveling contractor and have worked all over the country. I used to have a conceal carry permit issused in GA. I no longer have that now. I have been stopped for traffic violations in a few different states. I only tell them I have a weapon only if they ask. I have had more than one ocassion where I was asked. I tell them yes, I do have a weapon for my personal protection since I travel all over the US. One or two have took it and ran the serial numbers etc and gave it back to me.

After reading some replies and comments in another posting, I want to make sure that I don't get arrested on a weapons charge etc, because if I do my career would more than likely be over. I have a DOE Class L and Class Q clearance.

So, what permit do I need that would allow me to carry a weapon in my vehicle (not open carry, not conceal carry) in all states?
And how do I get one?

p.s. I find it to be insulting to have to pay fees to an entity just so I can protect myself and my property in this country.

There is no such animal. You can get permits in a few states that will cover most of the country, but places like illinios, new jersey, SC, new york, it just ain't gonna happen. Get stopped in those places, and it is do not pass go, go directly to jail.

you will have to find the perfect combination of state permits, start with a with a georgia and florida permit and build up from there, sorry but in the united states the states have individual agreements between one another for weapons carry.

i have a georgia and arizona and it opens up all but a few states to me (most of which are along the coast lines

Last edited:
years ago when I had a GA permit, at that time there were only 13 states that reciprocated. But I had to travel through some states that did not reciprocate it to get to ones that did. Hence, I never got another GA permit because I thought that it was a waste of money and time.
I have been to every state carrying except Vermont. I have seen the signs in New York and Jersey that state it is illegal etc.
Does this include hunting rifles?

years ago when I had a GA permit, at that time there were only 13 states that reciprocated. But I had to travel through some states that did not reciprocate it to get to ones that did. Hence, I never got another GA permit because I thought that it was a waste of money and time.
I have been to every state carrying except Vermont. I have seen the signs in New York and Jersey that state it is illegal etc.
Does this include hunting rifles?

many states also have laws that state you can transport a firearm with you as long as it is to or from a hunting/sporting competition, but you would have ot check each state out the laws differ all over the country

thanks for the advice and suggestions.
I work on an "oncall" basis at times, they call, I have to go. I do not have the time to get a permit for every state and I refuse not to protect myself.
Guess I will do some research and find what states reciprocate others and try to cover most of the bases, maybe just stay out of NY, NJ, Illinois and SC all together, never cared for either of them anyways.

There isnt one.. LOL... You need to see what states have resiprocity with other states. You will NOT be able to carry in IL, CALI, NY.

seems like there should be one, my fingerprints are the same in each state huh?
Wonder what truck drivers and other folks do that constantly travel all over the US.
Will I go unprotected, I think not. .

The only way I know to legally carry in all 50 states is to be a full time LEO w/ arrest powers and have a badge and ID. A lot of departments even have cards that state you have qualified with "X" weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom